Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Any by hard to source I mean I have found relatively few dealers that keep fittings and line needed in stock to retrofit an older truck.

W7BHcqk.jpg

Friend of mine just picked up this truck to move his small construction equipment. I drove it and it is as tight as a new truck. It shifts very well and runs as smooth as silk. It is going to get a paint job, some chrome, and cleaned up.

1991 Ford L9000
3406B
9 Speed
38k original miles

Dang, I'd love to have that for a farm truck.

Better hope you never have to buy Ford specific parts for that. Getting very hard to find.

No kidding! We have three L9000's with Prentice loaders left in our fleet and I am currently rolling them over to Western Stars. I spent $300 on a Jake Brake switch a couple years ago and it took a couple weeks to find one.

I have a feeling your actual real world truck experience is very limited to your own junk.

Yes, only Scania, Volvo and Iveco.

I have opened these maybe 4 times and truck is 14 years old, they are still original.

Attachments

• 20180214_183147.jpg
    20180214_183147.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes, only Scania, Volvo and Iveco.

I have opened these maybe 4 times and truck is 14 years old, they are still original.

I sold a 2001 with all original Stratoflex lines and no issues for 17yrs. Some last the life of the truck others don’t. Just like Europeans, most are annoying, some aren’t. Personally I like PTFE lined braided stainless or Stratoflex.

Unless you want to remove the line then the compression fittings leak. But let me guess, you’ve never heard of that.

Replaced all fuel line on w900 with new and reused fittings no issues. Steel braided rubber line.

Dad was having issues with his Pete filling one tank and not the other in return and overflowing so he re plumbed with synflex plastic line and installed ball valves. Not my first choice either.

Replaced all fuel line on w900 with new and reused fittings no issues. Steel braided rubber line.

Dad was having issues with his Pete filling one tank and not the other in return and overflowing so he re plumbed with synflex plastic line and installed ball valves. Not my first choice either.

Friend replumbed his 359 with plastic. Said he probably wouldn’t do it again. Had issues with fittings leaking and dealer said they always coat the threads with paste. Turns out that was pretty common if you remove the lines and reinstall.

Back