Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hell, as long as you have a landscape style trailer with short sides: no straps required. At most, just hook the winch to the front rail on the trailer. See it all the timeLOL
Yeah, and I still feel every one of the idiots should be ticketed for unsecured load. Especially the "profesional" landscaper/mowers that are a dime a dozen around here. I do a few yards myself, still a strap hooked to every corner of my mower. Doesn't take that much time, and probably saved my mower last yr when I wrecked, broke one old strap, but mower stayed put. The strap on that corner is the one that broke, after it bent the hook point on the mower first though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
4eadad05d2964dea8158014df9d60544.jpg

Last edited:
We'll use axles for front/rear control, still need more to cover total weight and length to meet regultations...
Some of that is rather stupid though, ie 41' 1000lb
Part needs 5 straps...:doh:.
Chaining a 70k load to a ~60k truck/trailer whose secured to who?

thats primarily so you cant leave the sceneLOL

Hell, as long as you have a landscape style trailer with short sides: no straps required. At most, just hook the winch to the front rail on the trailer. See it all the timeLOL

Just wait until someone pulls out in front of you with a Ford 9n on one with a brush hog hanging off it and it's not strapped or chained. What really chaps my butt is getting passed by a logger towing a trailer with a dozer on it without a single chain.

I've had both happen on crappy back roads.

Just wait until someone pulls out in front of you with a Ford 9n on one with a brush hog hanging off it and it's not strapped or chained. What really chaps my butt is getting passed by a logger towing a trailer with a dozer on it without a single chain.

I've had both happen on crappy back roads.

It's unreal the amount of people here that don't chain their dozers down. Had a neighbor get caught a while back, running on a major highway with no chains. The dot wrote lots and lots of tickets. I cross chain ours even if I'm not leaving the gravel, tracks are slick.

Family friend lost a dozer in a corner bout 15yrs or so ago, don't know how just that he did, and it was chained somehow I do believe.

I was rolling down I-20 last week, just east of Dallas around mile marker 440. Had a rental minivan and cruising good. Started noticing the drop from road to bridges was getting harsh, even for the van. I crested a hill coming off a bridge and saw the remains of a round bale on the shoulder.

4 miles down the road I saw a duramax turning around with only 9 bales on his flatbed gooseneck. 5' bales stacked double wide. In his defense, each set of bales had a strap, though the rear two needed more. I couldn't believe how bad the drop from road to bridge was getting on that stretch of I-20.

I was rolling down I-20 last week, just east of Dallas around mile marker 440. Had a rental minivan and cruising good. Started noticing the drop from road to bridges was getting harsh, even for the van. I crested a hill coming off a bridge and saw the remains of a round bale on the shoulder.

4 miles down the road I saw a duramax turning around with only 9 bales on his flatbed gooseneck. 5' bales stacked double wide. In his defense, each set of bales had a strap, though the rear two needed more. I couldn't believe how bad the drop from road to bridge was getting on that stretch of I-20.

I made a rack that hooks into the stake pockets to keep the rear two bales on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 0
My brother-in-law thought he'd move his JD dozer without chains.....it came off. LOL

I’ve seen one slide off on a trailer that wasn’t level. Don’t take much sometimes. Up here lots of machines are quirked now too. Almost all and I have crusher belting on my deck to protect the wood but it makes it more slippery as well.

Family friend lost a dozer in a corner bout 15yrs or so ago, don't know how just that he did, and it was chained somehow I do believe.

A friend lost his dozer off his goosneck in town and the DOT was not very happy about it. He said his was chained as well.

Most guys I see around here with pickups hauling equipment or other trucks is they only chain it from moving forward or backwards. They never consider them coming off the side. Like the classic single chain through the rear hitch. Doesn’t matter if it’s a pickup or skid loader it will still slide sideways.

There is a reason coils hauled shotgun or “eye to the rear” must have at least 2 chains in an X. So if one breaks there is always a chain going to both sides of the trailer.

Last edited:
Ok KW experts. Got an 07 w900 in here on tryin to get sorted out. Its got the 8bag under the back, with 40k rears. So om assuming its AG 400? Kw dealer says ride height should be 10.5 inches, center of housing to bottom of frame. Everywhere I read says the 400 should be closer to 9 inches? Any ideas?
The steer axle is a 13200 rated, fas the the long shackle bars on the rear of the spring, now i have another 07 here with the same steer axle but has the short shackles. As well as a 99, short shackles as well.
And lastly, what is the proper way and height to set cab leveling valve? The whole thing has been butchered. Tryin to get it ironed out.

Thanks all

You have the long thick bars at the bottom? Adjust ride height until the bottom of the bars are pointed in the same direction.

Cab height I usually adjust to taste. A little bit at a time.

Back