Transmission recall

Jeff2

Comp Diesel Sponsor
This message is for customers that have bought transmissions within the last year with billet flexplates.
Call if you have one for a check up please! 404 557 4972

:bow: customer service

Never heard before recall of any performance items.

If THIS doesn't tell the TRUE story...Nothing Will!

My Hat is OFF to you Jeff! Stepping up to cover someone else's issue..

This IS what "Integrity" looks like folks!

There's a thread on CF about it...LINK

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it or not, since the last one didn't work so well.

At this point, it looks awful rough on all parties involved!
Chris

There is only 4 post about stereo install ? ???:what:

i read the CF thread...it sounds real ****ty for everyone!

i'm cunfused about the billet flexplate..I thought it was a converter/valve body arguement.
CompD Mobile Device

i read the CF thread...it sounds real ****ty for everyone!

i'm cunfused about the billet flexplate..I thought it was a converter/valve body arguement.
CompD Mobile Device

Converter's are claimed to be too tall...billet flexplate's can aggrevate the issue, since they are usually a bit thicker.

Chris

Oooof, some dirty laundry over there..... With this height issue how on earth was this never caught on installation? Surely you would see there was no clearance?

I ran into clearance issues about 4 years back when we went to install a laminated flexplate in my 98, with one of HTS's old converters. The flexplate was cheap, so I wasnt too ass hurt.

Needless to say in my case, I havent cheaped out since then!

Oooof, some dirty laundry over there..... With this height issue how on earth was this never caught on installation? Surely you would see there was no clearance?

a basic explanation goes like this....

when the tc`s in question are used with a billet flex plate it pushes the tc further into the bellhousing, hense making the clearance between the turbine hub & end of the input shaft to tight. we are only talking a few thousands of an inch from what i gather. There isn`t an issue for guys with the tc in question who are running a stock flexplate as they are thinner & it wont have any affect on the clearance. Fluid needs to come out of the end of the input shaft to help cool & if the tolerance is to tight it chokes off the fluid making it run hotter than heck until it goes into lock-up when the hub moves closer to the back of the motor & now there is room for the fluid to get out and cool/flow like its supposed to do.

I hope i explained that ok.

I think it will hurt Garmon and DPC, no matter who is right or wrong. Thats awsome that Jeff is doing everything he can to help people out...it really is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVm1K_emzIA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVm1K_emzIA&feature=related[/ame]

There was something in the CF that implied if its not working just pull it out and we'll replace it. Thats easier said then done for some of us, that attitude chaps my ass. Same exact reason i dont put autozone parts on my truck. Sure they may work today, tomorrow, or for a while. But they will fail, and when they do it will probably take something else out or leave ya good and ****ed. Maybe this applies maybe it doesnt, i just know i will probably steer far and wide from either one of these products and everyone elses products/shops mentioned.

And Swole...David.. i know you mean well and we all love ya and all that, but chill out abit on the posts. Sometimes saying nothing at all is better than spilling ur guts like chunk on the goonies.
I hope this works out for everyones best intrests (the consumer most of all) and mend some old friendships. Like Doghouse said its a tough crowd...try not to make it worse.

when the tc`s in question are used with a billet flex plate it pushes the tc further into the bellhousing, hense making the clearance between the turbine hub & end of the input shaft to tight. we are only talking a few thousands of an inch from what i gather. There isn`t an issue for guys with the tc in question who are running a stock flexplate as they are thinner & it wont have any affect on the clearance. Fluid needs to come out of the end of the input shaft to help cool & if the tolerance is to tight it chokes off the fluid making it run hotter than heck until it goes into lock-up when the hub moves closer to the back of the motor & now there is room for the fluid to get out and cool/flow like its supposed to do.

The picture I saw sure didn't look like look like 0.001 of an inch, looked more like 1/4".

I think it will hurt Garmon and DPC, no matter who is right or wrong. Thats awsome that Jeff is doing everything he can to help people out...it really is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVm1K_emzIA&feature=related

There was something in the CF that implied if its not working just pull it out and we'll replace it. Thats easier said then done for some of us, that attitude chaps my ass. Same exact reason i dont put autozone parts on my truck. Sure they may work today, tomorrow, or for a while. But they will fail, and when they do it will probably take something else out or leave ya good and ****ed. Maybe this applies maybe it doesnt, i just know i will probably steer far and wide from either one of these products and everyone elses products/shops mentioned.

And Swole...David.. i know you mean well and we all love ya and all that, but chill out abit on the posts. Sometimes saying nothing at all is better than spilling ur guts like chunk on the goonies.
I hope this works out for everyones best intrests (the consumer most of all) and mend some old friendships. Like Doghouse said its a tough crowd...try not to make it worse.

Do you think any other Transmission company would offer to everyone (not just the guys who fought it tooth and nail) an option to fix or replace at no cost for product? He could have said F- Off get a different flexplate. But i see a "recall" offering to replace who knows how many $1,000 plus convertors. Being this is the OP's Vendor Forum. maybe opinions that smell like a-hole shouldnt be spoken...

Thats a few thou? Going to need to dumb it down some more.

ed101283.jpg

Back