Freaking contaminated fuel!

So they cut a check based on a quote by someone else, just for you to do it yourself? How much do we each get to be quiet? That’s a laughable fuel contamination case; hell thats cleaner than most I see on a daily basis.

I never said I was touching it. But parts going back are my choice.

Ok, can you YouTube all that when you do it?
Why? You're the one saying this happened, with a fuzzy pic for your part of the evidence.

As matter of fact, I need a good way to dispose this fuel so feel free to get it!
You mean for 10k+ your co-,er, shop can't dispose of your "contaminated" fuel for you"

I'll even throw the crap back in for free and will also include a free airdog fuel filter, water separator, and OEM filter!
Boy, you're such an honorable and decent sort of guy. :hehe:

Blackmegablabbermouth, give me some of your old fuel.
I'll run it my 2004.5 and not have one problem, I guarantee it.
I'll even have it analyzed at my cost, after I run some of it.

4 or 5 gallons ought to do the trick, since your junker only "made it half a block", so it ought to do mine in as fast.

If you're really nice, yes, I might actually post it on YouTube.

Mark.

Why? You're the one saying this happened, with a fuzzy pic for your part of the evidence.

You mean for 10k+ your co-,er, shop can't dispose of your "contaminated" fuel for you"

4 or 5 gallons ought to do the trick, since your junker only "made it half a block", so it ought to do mine in as fast.

Mark.

Dang mark, you beat me to it !
I'd run that fuel against $1k that my Injectors wouldn't instantly stick...

Mark.

Lol, leaving the pickup for safety-kleen to do their job. I could care less, I'll bottle a gal of the crap and the next time your in Texas by all means lol.

Also never said it was a half a block type scenario....

Fueled the am of 5/25, 3 injectors stick wide open all at the same time evening of 5/26. Less than 60 miles run between time frame.

Bet there'd be a total different tune if the shoe was on the other foot! Funny how that works, then again I'd hope that person was smart enough to go keep comprehensive insurance!

I have seen diesel engines run on some pretty nasty stuff. Maybe yoir truck is too high maintenance. Perhaps you should get a fat girl type truck, happy to get whatever shes given and aims to please.

The price gouging is ridiculous, its no wonder why costs for everything keep going up with everyone trying to take advantage whereever they can.

Heres 2 examples from a funny as f@ck canadian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3n8PZ7Fm8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxffxh7Jscw start at 1:45.

Last edited:
I have seen diesel engines run on some pretty nasty stuff. Maybe yoir truck is too high maintenance. Perhaps you should get a fat girl type truck, happy to get whatever shes given and aims to please.

The price gouging is ridiculous, its no wonder why costs for everything keep going up with everyone trying to take advantage whereever they can.

Heres 2 examples from a funny as f@ck canadian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3n8PZ7Fm8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxffxh7Jscw start at 1:45.

I can't comment on the prices as the insurance company follows OEM protocol. That's between them and the repair shop and prices quoted.

Fat girl trucks sound like a pretty typical 12v, to each their own I suppose!

I'd bet the entire insurance check that there's vendors on here that have seen some pretty f'd up fueling components over bad fuel.

Funny part to me is people are forgetting how easy and common COMMONRAIL failures are! They're the skinny bizztches on a diet, and don't handle the typical trash diet very well!

-agreed, wasn't a complete knock on you but you put the prices in the open, the entire system is screwed up.
-yep, love my 12v will never get rid of it. it has its own issues but it runs
-agreed
-at times I wish I had a CR for the modern conveniences, but I am quickly reminded as a I continue to spend time diagnosing and fixing electrical issues that develop with todays aging vehicles that rely more and more on electrical components that give us the modern conveniences. again, I will keep my 12v but to each their own.

Well good thing I went through my insurance on this. The claims handler for the supplier is playing games and I was sent an email from the lady telling me the pictures of fuel I sent in didn't come from my truck, this being with not one time did they ever come look at my vehicle. I send is a very nice email telling her to kick rocks and send the time stamped video and Google geo-location screenshot of the exact moment we recorder draining and pulling the fuel filter to check for debris.

Here's following draining about 23 gals of diesel from the tank(sump made it super easy to drain and clean.... you can see in the black bucket a lot of sediment of some sort. This is not including what was already drained from filters previously.

20180609_053848.jpg

20180609_053836.jpg

After getting the system good and flushed/ cleaned and replacing essential components such as injectors, all buttoned up good as new.

Went with S&S 135% over injectors, and have not had a new tune put in. Yet they run cleaner at full tilt with 2400 pulse compared to the II R1s that were in it previously. Slight haze at idle can be seen when light hits it just Right.

This was before the repairs: Contaminated fuel 5/25 damaged 6.7l Cummins injectors - YouTube

After: Startup following repairs received from contaminated fuel, and upgrade to 135% over injectors. - YouTube

On a side note, pursuing action against the supplier in county small claims court. It'll cost them more to dispute the suit based off the mountain of stupidity I received in emails and documented. One example lady says the store does contaminant testing daily, store manager on video says yeah no just visual. The company is Sedgwick and has more lawsuits filed against them for fraud than any other company that do what they do. One of those companies that doesn't acknowledge responsibility and hopes you just go away.

Better hope they don't find out about the issue you had ~ a week prior to your "contamination" issue.

Mark.

Better hope they don't find out about the issue you had ~ a week prior to your "contamination" issue.

Mark.

Nah! Completely seperate, and my case against supplier is air tight. The $hurry thing is they said if I was running 93 octane (which is what my BMW uses), they'd cut a check no questions asked since apparently 93 has the highest contamination from water issue do to less use and condensation in the tanks building up.

Back