Looking for an Excursion

It's right there. When I did my egr delete, I removed the intake. For another few bolts you can change the oil cooler. It fills up with casting sand over time and clogs. I have not done it yet and probally won't, but a coolant filter is suggested. Due to the sand.

I had 75000 miles and no problems with clogging so who's to say I can't go that long again. But I do my own work so if it plugs I'll just tear it down and replace the cooler and put the filter on then. Just personal preference.

Alright. Egr. It wont be driven nascar style. This is the new family wagon. But it will have the pedal to the floor entering the highway a couple times a week. You know.

Whats the deal with the oil coolers Moose??

Don't baby the 6.0's that's when you have most of the problems because you don't heat them up enough to burn the soot out of the turbo and the vanes freeze. The 6.0's like to be run hot and hard at least once or twice a week I will purposely push on my truck to get the EGT's above the 1000* mark to clean out the turbo.

Last edited:
Well. Appreciate the help guys. This has dispelled a lot of myths and helped me past the "DONT BUY A 6.0" issue.

I think we will start driving a few.

My bro-in-law has a 7.3 excursion for sale. It's clean! 2-tone (dark green over beige I believe) 4" exh, intake, Ford 20's, 2005 front clip with Harley headlights and grille, Katskin seat covers. I'll try to get some pics. It's the cleanest 2wd I've seen.

Good thread. I have been looking to get an excursion after I sell my cummins. Tried a couple of times to trade my cummins for one but not a terrible amount of excursions for sale out there.

Last edited:
Back