redneck fuel system

I'm with Skippy - my Redneck fuel system also has been very much troublefree despite what the non-believers said would happen.

Beers,

Matt

I thought maybe id show mine off.
Everything was made on the lathe(Except the obvious:hehe:)
Fitting003.jpg

Fitting004.jpg

Fitting006.jpg

Fitting011.jpg

Fuel007.jpg

Fuel015.jpg

FuelPump001.jpg

FuelPump002.jpg

FuelPump016.jpg

A Sump style is still the best way to feed those pumps

My redneck system cost around 200$ and can support more than enough for me its been going for 3 years

I don't mean to also pick at your setup- but you might want to check into the effects of the 'pineapple can' and its coating...being submersed in diesel fuel could cause some bad reactions. I know you're not supposed to put diesel in galvanized fuel cans because it will disolve the zinc...not sure if that pineapple can is galvanized or not.

High finance

Whay is your high-micron filter on the outlet side of the pump (as opposed to inlet side), and where did you get those nifty unions you have between it and the pump?

I might have to revoke that now that I found the 10 micron filters. That makes more sense. I was going to run a 100 micron ahead of the pump to keep the trash out.

Whay is your high-micron filter on the outlet side of the pump (as opposed to inlet side), and where did you get those nifty unions you have between it and the pump?

I might have to revoke that now that I found the 10 micron filters. That makes more sense. I was going to run a 100 micron ahead of the pump to keep the trash out.

You answered your own question then?

LOL

I used the factory filter that is on the bottom of the sender

As for the unions.....made on the lathe :)

No picture of how you interfaced the rock screen? Although i'm not sure how it works, i'm guessing the float just above the screen traps the fuel in the sending canister when the fuel sloshes.

I'm going monday to pic up a new (used)sending unit. I used a 1/2" NPT to 1/2 tubing compression fitting RTV'd into the rock screen at the bottom of the sender. I'm running DOT airline (picked that trick up from freightliner) up to the outlet and then into a 90* compression fitting with an NPT female thread, then to a JIC adapter. Cheap as hell but I run it LOW on fuel all about twice a month with no problem.

It's plumbed up to the factory LP right now but that pump is being replaced by my aeromotive setup SOON.

I'm mounting my pump in tank I think...

Whay is your high-micron filter on the outlet side of the pump?

i was wondering about that too

and how well it will work with the reg that far away from the motor

that is under the bed, correct?

it is best put the tank above the pump (with a sump on the bottom of it so its pushing) and the reg as close to the motor as possible

anyone know if running a seperate return line for the injectors is req?

doesnt the factory do it that way?

with a air dog etc they tie the inj return in with the fuel returning from the ip

is that the way to go or is it better to return it seperatly?

thanks, don

well yea, i would not try to run it into 5-50 psi of fuel pressure before the reg

but it makes no diff if i run it into the back side of the reg or back to tank independently?

well yea, i would not try to run it into 5-50 psi of fuel pressure before the reg

but it makes no diff if i run it into the back side of the reg or back to tank independently?
Nope. It makes it simpler if you run one line back.

The factory line comes into the top of the filter housing at the inlet side, directly off the lift pump.....

We're talking something that can vent at 17,000psi, what affect is it going to have if it encounters 50psi?

hey, no, i'm asking.... i've been wondering this.. I'm planning to mount my EFI reg to the manifodl where the old fuel filter base was and plumb the return line into it where the 1/8 pressure port is. It would see full fuel pressure that way. I don't know what affect it would have.

actually, maybe the factory wants a small restriction (pressure) there?

just enough to keep fuel in the line?

prolly dont matter

Back