P-pump 6.7 cr?

Ya probably will, but it would be neat to have a modern driveline in an older truck. I have a thing for 65 C-10 Chevy trucks or early 70's power wagons.

Now, I just have to wait for someone to give me a truck..:nail:

Your mentioning modern driveline and ppump.

I already have a spare 2007.5 6.7L enginem just sitting there, collecting dust, still have oil in the motor. I'm going to see about getting a gearbox housing made up, I have a buddy with a few CNC tools. Its going to be cheaper than getting the original 6.7L ECU and wiring stuff to work.

Probably going the 12v rod route, as I have lots of sets just kicking around.

Its been awhile since I looked at the 6.7L piston bowl, but I think its bigger/wider than the CR bowl. So the 6.7L piston should work with the 24v injector.

Am I correct that the 5.9L and the 6.7L rods are the same length? If that's correct the only difference is the piston pin height. The 6.7L crank has a stroke of 4.88 and the 5.9L is 4.72?

I haven't taken apart my 6.7L yet and done a side by comparison with a CR 5.9L

Kennys Pulling parts also makes a 6.7 PPump cover and Adjustable cam and pump gears as well. Does the CP3 and PPump share the same taper? im thinking they do?

AFAIK, the CP3 has a much smaller shaft. The gear is much smaller anyway, so it would be of no use.

AFAIK, the CP3 has a much smaller shaft. The gear is much smaller anyway, so it would be of no use.

So i need a custom pump gear? i was under the impression that they used the factory straight cut geartrain with a Custom housing so it had the strength to support the p pump and proper mounting bosses. Also twith the p pump and cp3 side by side the shafts look identical, just never had a caliper to go over them. Ill have to find mine and take a look.

I would be afraid of the cam gear, isn't it really thin? I don't think it would handle the load of a big Ppump.

So i need a custom pump gear? i was under the impression that they used the factory straight cut geartrain with a Custom housing so it had the strength to support the p pump and proper mounting bosses. Also twith the p pump and cp3 side by side the shafts look identical, just never had a caliper to go over them. Ill have to find mine and take a look.

Shaft size might be the same, that I don't know. But the cam and pump gear need to be the same size/tooth count. CP3 gear isn't that large.

Why not run the helical cut gears on it?

Shaft size might be the same, that I don't know. But the cam and pump gear need to be the same size/tooth count. CP3 gear isn't that large.

Why not run the helical cut gears on it?

Honestly i dont know, Ive never PPumped a CR let alone a 6.7. Still waiting on insurance to clear it so i can pick it back up and get at it. Ill look into it more when i rip it apart.

It's a step backward in airflow. Cutting a hole and patching the intake plenum is not hard. You only need to create a 1/4" of clearance.

It's a step backward in airflow. Cutting a hole and patching the intake plenum is not hard. You only need to create a 1/4" of clearance.

Anybody ever done an air flow test for a 5.9L vs a 6.7L head? I bet that they are pretty close to the same flow numbers.

A CR head flows a little (not a lot, but a bit) better than a VP head. I guess I should have specified. The VP head has the relief for the P7100, where as the CR heads do not.

Now as far as a 6.7 head vs a 5.9 CR head...I thought I heard that it flows a little better, but I'm unsure.

What do you do about the oil pump? On the 6.7 they have straight gears and the pump on the 6.7 is smaller in diameter.

A CR head flows a little (not a lot, but a bit) better than a VP head. I guess I should have specified. The VP head has the relief for the P7100, where as the CR heads do not.

Now as far as a 6.7 head vs a 5.9 CR head...I thought I heard that it flows a little better, but I'm unsure.

I would bet the 6.7 head would flow better, IIRC the 6.7 head has bigger intake valves

Back