s510 a/r question

What is the smallest high pressure turbo you'd wanna run with a 91 or 94mm gt55 without choking it out in a racing app? Assuming plenty of ext w/g. Been seeing alot of 351cw/s595 setups out there recently that are eatin up 1000hp and spooling very fast. Seems like the comp on the manifold charger would be a hell of a restriction once the primary lit.

where have you seen that.

Yes gated. Believe his setup is he351cw/s595. 2 manifold w/g. Other similar setup would be seans 3k/8k. At least that's what I thought it was anyway.
Just seems like not enough lbs/min to get the prim lit and comp a/r would be way too restrictive to fit 150 lbs/min thru it.
Regardless tho. I have a good idea where the high pressure needs to be at a minimum but these setups threw me off. It'd think at least a 64mm ett would be in order. Again this isn't a dd situation.

I know who you are talking about that has the 3k/8k Sean Gammel correct? He was at the ASF dyno year ago and competed in DPC. Dont know the other one though

Yes Sean. One example of seemingly mismatched compounds that work impressively well. The other is wickedcummins from SWCR. Very impressive 10sec truck

In terms of compressibility with no interstage cooling, I think that an HE351cw would be on the edge, or might even be a minor restriction to the S595. With a good a/w interstage cooler again I think it would be just fine.

On the turbine side, you would need at least a 50mm gate in order to bypass enough flow for that he351cw to not be immediately in the way.

Imho it could be made to work, but from my (very limited testing) is on the outside edge of how far apart you can spread the size of secondary and primary chargers.

I think a larger a/r comp cover would support more power and be more important than a few mm's on the inducer. Could be wrong tho

Back