s510 a/r question

drturbo- would u mind posting a price on a tv 84? many are asking/looking for a price.

many understand it isnt the "greatest" turbo.... but it is another option.... if the price is right

thanks

drturbo- would u mind posting a price on a tv 84? many are asking/looking for a price.

many understand it isnt the "greatest" turbo.... but it is another option.... if the price is right

thanks

Sure we can see what is available in A/R's and sizes on comp wheels. How big are you guys looking for on the TV84's?

i've had a lot of pm's about my tv 84 with a 1.23 a/r ......... but im not a turbo vendor

the 91mm upgrade sounds good to me..... but i think i will just pony up for the gt 55

note - the whole htt 66/ tv 84 setup spools surprisingly very fast
IMG00068-20101003-1834.jpg

i've had a lot of pm's about my tv 84 with a 1.23 a/r ......... but im not a turbo vendor

the 91mm upgrade sounds good to me..... but i think i will just pony up for the gt 55

note - the whole htt 66/ tv 84 setup spools surprisingly very fast
IMG00068-20101003-1834.jpg

We have some TV84's coming in....if you guys need pricing on them, let us know.

if you could post a $$$ ... i wouldnt have to return pm's and just send them your way

Most of the TV84's are in the $1500-$1600 range. Also the mid-frame GT88 and GT91 are the hot ticket right now. GT42 size and they flow 140lbs/min. They are also $1249-$1349 respectively.

Most of the TV84's are in the $1500-$1600 range. Also the mid-frame GT88 and GT91 are the hot ticket right now. GT42 size and they flow 140lbs/min. They are also $1249-$1349 respectively.

what different compressor impellers and turbine configurations you have for the GT88 and GT91?

By mid frame, its for the T06 turbine flange, correct.

what different compressor impellers and turbine configurations you have for the GT88 and GT91?

By mid frame, its for the T06 turbine flange, correct.

compressors are:

80mm
88mm
91mm

Turbines are 93mm, and 98mm turbine. They are indeed T6 flange.

WOW- ok i got a killer deal on my TV84 then ($550)..... the upgrade to a 91mm wheel still sounds awesome!!!

WOW- ok i got a killer deal on my TV84 then ($550)..... the upgrade to a 91mm wheel still sounds awesome!!!

You can find some in good deals out there, but direct from Garrett they are not cheap anymore. The 91mm upgrade is well worth it for sure.

the 91 mm - cast wheel or billet? u might be getting my turbo over the winter

Its a cast wheel. The billets offer ZERO advantage over the cast unless the design is changed over its cast counterpart. It is stronger though, but very FEW people on this planet can take a compressor wheel above burst threshold anyhow. Most units hit a wall of backpressure before the reach that line.

Dr turbo, Are there different compressor/turbine housing sizes available? Can you get the compressor housing material aluminum? Looked at a TV94 last week, it weighed a ton. The compressor housing was made from cast steel.

As for your compressor impellers, you guys calculating the mach speed of the moving air on the impeller tip? Could explain your backpressure.

Dr turbo, Are there different compressor/turbine housing sizes available? Can you get the compressor housing material aluminum? Looked at a TV94 last week, it weighed a ton. The compressor housing was made from cast steel.

As for your compressor impellers, you guys calculating the mach speed of the moving air on the impeller tip? Could explain your backpressure.

The covers are all aluminum. We use no cast covers....

As for comp wheel mapping....its very in depth, but to put it simple you measure compressor and turbine wheel speed, compressor airflow rate, turbine exhaust flow rate, compressor pressure ratios and turbine expansion ratio. From those data points you derive a comp map......all of this done under X temp which can not deviate. This applies to both the comp and turbine side.

Its a cast wheel. The billets offer ZERO advantage over the cast unless the design is changed over its cast counterpart. It is stronger though, but very FEW people on this planet can take a compressor wheel above burst threshold anyhow. Most units hit a wall of backpressure before the reach that line.
Hurrah! I'm in an exclusive club of just a few people! :hehe:

Seriously though, I was thinking that the billet offered better stability due to less mass?

Back