1040 RWHP With EFI

Congrats on the numbers u.b. and rob for tuning it. Maybe I missed it just flipping through but whose dyno was it and correction?... you should bring that truck to ky and race dirty robs truck, it should be a close race.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I would say your dyno lied if you made 1040 on fuel.. like he said Chris turbo has made 950 that's on a stupid built motor.. I've seen a truck make 1160 with a 2.6 but it hangs with 800hp trucks on the track...I would verify fuel only or spray.

I've seen 920+ done on a stock bottom end motor a few times on a few different trucks. Not single turboed but not a stupid built motor either.

Was with spray!!!!!!!!!!! We did not make any more nitrous pulls truck went into a limp mode .Paul asked to pull it off to fix issue so he didnt keep dyno tied up.

Nice numbers. I made almost the same numbers last week with a stock bottom end also. I'd like to see the graph.
Can't wait for efi for my year truck to see what difference it makes.

dynopic1040.jpg

EFIDyno.jpg

Like Scott said I had a few DTC issues which unfortunately showed on the top end...plus I blew my nitrous fuse :-(. The truck fuels HARD on the street all the way past 4K!!! Like I said, this was the first run ever with EFI Live, so there are only better things to come.

Scott, once again, I appreciate your help on the dyno! That is an awesome setup you have!

Paul

Hard to say it fuel all the way to 4000 when the graph shows 250hp at 3800...

Not tryin to knock your #'s toppin 1000 in anything is awesome. Would like to see another graph once you get the nitrous fixed and cel fixed.

Hopefully with some tuning you can get a better looking graph. Here is mine with just a smarty and spray with default pressure.
highest.jpg

I dont understand your graph why the dip and then almost coming back up towards the end of the run? did you spray in the middle of the run then shut it back off?

I'm not sure unless it was caused from a bad exhaust leak I had, on sw7 it didn't have that dip. The spray wasn't cut off till the end. I had a thread in the dyno section if you have any thoughts about it. I don't want to derail the thread.

Last edited:
Hard to say it fuel all the way to 4000 when the graph shows 250hp at 3800...

Not tryin to knock your #'s toppin 1000 in anything is awesome. Would like to see another graph once you get the nitrous fixed and cel fixed.

I understand what you are talking about. I blame alot of that on the juice turning off early and the CEL. When I first flashed it and ripped the truck on the street, it def pulls hard to 4k.

I will not dissapoint...the truck will be back on the dyno soon for round two :rockwoot:

Paul

My guess is if there is the same tune and just have the nitorus all the way through it may peak a little better and carry a tiny bit more but the graphs will look very simular. Your graph looks exactly like everything I have tuned with EFI so far, it will rev to 4k pretty good but its not going to be full fuel there, full fuel stops at around 2800. If it was just the nitrous causing the graph to go down then it should have stopped at where you make your fuel only #'s, with your turbo I would say around 5-600 for that rpm range instead of dropping down to 200. Now it could have defueled with a cel and killed a bunch of your hp cause that will pull fuel out like crazy when they do that.

I also think that if you could get your charger to spool a little quicker you would have a better peak #, looks like it peaked at around 3000 for you but the power was real late coming on like it took a bit to spool up on that DJ. If you could get full boost at 2800 then it should do better.

I know my truck before I did this pump setup or water to air or a new cam made 796. it made it at 3200 rpm it carried well over 700 through 4000 then at 4100 it dropped to 650.. i think it was my pumps though not keeping up with my large injectors and also a smaller cam... what cam is in this truck.. that has alot to do with it also.

I know my truck before I did this pump setup or water to air or a new cam made 796. it made it at 3200 rpm it carried well over 700 through 4000 then at 4100 it dropped to 650.. i think it was my pumps though not keeping up with my large injectors and also a smaller cam... what cam is in this truck.. that has alot to do with it also.

Was that on EFI tuning or a Smarty file?

Back