1040 RWHP With EFI

everything I have tuned with EFI so far, it will rev to 4k pretty good but its not going to be full fuel there, full fuel stops at around 2800. .

This may be what is happening with your tuning, but I have other trucks I tune where this is not the case. Paul didn't get me a log of the dyno runs, so I can't confirm on his runs. We are narrowing down why some defuel and some don't appears the OS may be an issue. The EFI crew is working with us beta testers on a custom OS add-on for testing RPM fueling and showing good results.

Last edited:
Efi beans.. I made 727)with Smarty same setup.. I attribute the hp gain from the large injectors that I can now control.. but only so much.. they need a good pump to keep up with them.

Peaky dyno from hell....ugggg.

That's how I tuned a TST in 2004 to make 600 hp with stock cp3/injects and a big single...fuel only though...lol

Have either of you, outlaw or unfinished, data logged it to see if its fueling all the way to 4000 or is it just a guess?

I only run 3400 down track.. i hit 4400 at shifts.. I have never been in a log at the high of a rpm to see what fuels actually doing.. I have seen 23000 Rp at 4396 but who knows if its a spike or actuall.

Rail pressure does not mean squat...duration is what cuts back the fuel on your truck above 2800 or so. Max rail pressure is more dependant on rpm...

My post is directed towards why I put a bigger pump ok the truck.. he asked if anyone logged past 4000 I told him my situation.. I can't throw anymore fuel at it untill I get the bigger pump.. and rail has nothing to do with squat??? Must be a lot of bass trucks making super power with 16000 rail.

No what he means is rail pressure is not whats being pulled back when we say "defueled". Of course rail pressure is important to power but duration and fuel desired on the other hand has been the issue.

Yep...thanks....stock limits the peak duration around 2800 to 3000 and cuts duration back to zero till 4000...iirc

Testing yesterday on two different trucks with the same set-up. One defuels and the other doesn't. Looks like an ecm operating system issue. Testing continues.

There are some O.S. in the Dmax world we stay away from also. Looks like the Cummins will be no different.

Testing yesterday on two different trucks with the same set-up. One defuels and the other doesn't. Looks like an ecm operating system issue. Testing continues.

There are some O.S. in the Dmax world we stay away from also. Looks like the Cummins will be no different.

What o.s was it?

It is funny how the OS can gave such weird problems. I've never understood it myself, seems the easiest thing to do is a simple switch

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This will be good to figure out. Everything we ahve done so far defuels no matter what is done in the tune. I was wondering if this was the case but have not seen any datalogs from the guys that are saying that thiers doesnt defuel.

I have tried several different OSs in my truck and each defuels at 2900. I still think there is at least one table we can't see that affects this.
Is the defuel happening with both '06 and '07 ECMs?

We have seen it with both 06 and 07's.

outlaw, can you get a datalog sometime so we can know if it cuts fuel back or not? If it really doesnt then that may be a clue to what is goin on and maby we will have atleast one OS that will work good.

Back