Thoughts on this

So much BS in that video. I'd run from that guy.

Apparently #6 injector is closest to the cascade valve....:lolly: I wonder if he knows that cascade valve is in the cp3?

Anybody watch his other video where he chucks an injector needle into a drill to "lap it in" on a bench grinder? Literally made me cringe.

Anybody watch his other video where he chucks an injector needle into a drill to "lap it in" on a bench grinder? Literally made me cringe.

Ultrasonic cleaners are completely inadequate, so much NO in that video.

Fairly common to lap a needle into a nozzle with calibration fluid as a lubricant using a drill or stationary. Never heard of using a bench grinder though. Ouch.

So much wrong in the video, then add in the dirty shop/capret rebuilding station and it = %100 retardation

I'm pretty sure running the needle through a bench grinder is going to result in a ton more leakage through the nozzle. My teachers at school kept going on about the 1-3 micron clearance in injection system parts, and I'm thinking wire wheeling it is going to exceed that clearance

Not to mention the cleanliness of his shop.

You mean the turbos stacked on the AC unit with the motorcyle forks behind them is not clean?

Or using a old bath towel to take abart an injector on.

I watched about a min of it and turned it off clearly he is the "diesel guru"

An ultrasonic cleaner is common practice, below is a picture of a sectioned nozzle with over 100k miles of use. It took me quite a while to come up with a solution for this issue, and it's something I tend to keep to myself.

NI2_zpsuzooxvzy.jpg

Back