What a day at Garmon's

Well, with Tim teasing the 6.4 guy from atop the dyno, Billy wrenching on Swoles chick car the entire time, and standing on the firing line with Bradley, I had a great time.

There will be HSG's next time, if I have to call a bomb threat to the college they are coming.

Big thanks to Jeff, David (both) and every one else. I had a great time!

You know I think Timbo could have used some Aleve the next morning too.. not for sure if it was for the headache or from where Big Swole got ahold of him..

Well, with Tim teasing the 6.4 guy from atop the dyno, Billy wrenching on Swoles chick car the entire time, and standing on the firing line with Bradley, I had a great time.

There will be HSG's next time, if I have to call a bomb threat to the college they are coming.

Big thanks to Jeff, David (both) and every one else. I had a great time!

In my defense you didn't have much to say about it either! but those ole smokey dinosours! It was nice talking to you josh

charles i was impressed by your truck!

Had alot of fun... food was good... beer is always good... but next time ill leave the wife at home... she drives a altima... lame... lol

In my defense you didn't have much to say about it either! but those ole smokey dinosours! It was nice talking to you josh

charles i was impressed by your truck!

Thanks.

I don't have a multi-position switch like most. I just run a single program. Here's what I was doing a couple weeks before in a program almost identical to the one I was running at Jeff's.

2335435510082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

Only change was another .3 to .4 or so ms of pw up top and a few less degrees of timing up top. And that was just because I'm always trying to dial it in when I see something I think could be better. Those changes wouldn't have effected me towing anyway.

Good ole HEUI dinosaur.

:D

Big THANKS to all that made this great event happen.

I think more than one person was looking for aleave after the shakin

Thanks.

I don't have a multi-position switch like most. I just run a single program. Here's what I was doing a couple weeks before in a program almost identical to the one I was running at Jeff's.

2335435510082519711S600x600Q85.jpg

Only change was another .3 to .4 or so ms of pw up top and a few less degrees of timing up top. And that was just because I'm always trying to dial it in when I see something I think could be better. Those changes wouldn't have effected me towing anyway.

Good ole HEUI dinosaur.

:D

If you dont mind me asking Charles, what did that thing put down on the dyno, if you ran it?

anybody know what the white 6.4 with ben a on the tag put down (guy has a mouth on him lol) didnt go to the event but i have met him before. one of my buddies said he put down around 800 this would be a record for the 6.4

anybody know what the white 6.4 with ben a on the tag put down (guy has a mouth on him lol) didnt go to the event but i have met him before. one of my buddies said he put down around 800 this would be a record for the 6.4

If its the one I'm thinking of, Yeah He does have a mouth on him! I didn't see what he put down but I think he was spraying from what I heard......I think last year he put down 525....

I met the guy at Road Atlanta one time and was just joking around about racing him. He seemed to get all pissed and told me he ran 12.80's with just a tune..(Which I was pretty sure he was lying/bluffing)..At the time I was runing 12.4-12.5 and I just told him, OK but you'll lose!!! lol

Either way....We know how those Ford guys can be huh!!! LOL

J/K!!!

yea i pised him off at some mud bog in milledgeville at the time he had a superchips and something stacked i told him i would race him in my 6.0 to piss him off more, he slung his superchips on the ground and busted it lol, and when he had this setup i did see him ,i was pushing him up the road, but like i said this was with a superchips and something else staked. and another thing thats funny is every body is his cousin in the diesel market

yea i pised him off at some mud bog in milledgeville at the time he had a superchips and something stacked i told him i would race him in my 6.0 to piss him off more, he slung his superchips on the ground and busted it lol, and when he had this setup i did see him ,i was pushing him up the road, but like i said this was with a superchips and something else staked. and another thing thats funny is every body is his cousin in the diesel market

LOL

Yeah, My first and second impressions is that he's a TOOL!!

Oh well!! I'm sure he thinks the same of me!! lol
No sleep lost on my part!! :lolly:

I think he did 60__ at Jeff's. He had pulled up to jump me in line and his buddy was trying to tell me he was next. After asking him to move a time or two, I had to just say no, he's wrong, I'm next, now back out of the way so I can get through. I just assumed it was an innocent mistake on his part, but from reading what you guys have written maybe not.

Either way, this old 7.3 dino engine still put down more on fuel in my DD program than he did on spray. So he wasn't anywhere near 800.

I've never talked to the guy, but I did remember him putting down good numbers last year with just the programmer.

I know the guy pretty well, and as well Im ford man 05strokinfx4, yeah it did used to be slow with a superchip, but whats not! I was with him in Chicago a couple months back and he put down 782 to the tires on a real international dyno with one that actually puts a 40% load on the truck, and garmins is made for a low rpms cummins motor. He had small nitrous pills in it that day but still should have showed more than he did. There was another 6.0 there with a turbo and other bolt ons and he said he usually hes around the same hp as ben, but he only made like 630 or sumthin like that too. He'll be in nashville this comin weekend for the dyno day up there, and I will tell u his numbers after this coming weekend!

I know the guy pretty well, and as well Im ford man 05strokinfx4, yeah it did used to be slow with a superchip, but whats not! I was with him in Chicago a couple months back and he put down 782 to the tires on a real international dyno with one that actually puts a 40% load on the truck, and garmins is made for a low rpms cummins motor. He had small nitrous pills in it that day but still should have showed more than he did. There was another 6.0 there with a turbo and other bolt ons and he said he usually hes around the same hp as ben, but he only made like 630 or sumthin like that too. He'll be in nashville this comin weekend for the dyno day up there, and I will tell u his numbers after this coming weekend!

782!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm.......

BTW, it's spelled "Garmon".........And, how is a dyno "Designed" for a specific motor???

I mean take it for what its worth. People are down more than 550 with just custom tuning on 6.4s, put that with a 200hp shot of nitrous and u get right around that number man with a few other small mods.

a dyno actually can be set up in a bunch of different ways including a load on the drum. fords being a v-8 make power in a higher rpm range so they need a loaded dyno. cummins need no load because they make lower rpm hp. thats what the spartan people say anyways....

Back