Here it is ... stand alone ECU for the CR-Cummins

Being able to shut off the pre-injection event after 1500rpm and completely getting rid of the post injection event will go a long ways towards piston longevity.

IMO ideally and to be more marketable instead of a full harness, you would simply unplug your stock ecm, and plug in an adapter harness between your plugs and the new ecm. Duno if those connectors are available, seems to me one of the Van Aken products had those plugs.

However transmission control will be the issue with auto`s. A stand alone could be used but that conversion alone I think is in the $2500 range.

Plug and play is key with the majority of those interested.

X2 more control without a doubt will help with pistons and other hard parts.

IMO ideally and to be more marketable instead of a full harness, you would simply unplug your stock ecm, and plug in an adapter harness between your plugs and the new ecm. Duno if those connectors are available, seems to me one of the Van Aken products had those plugs.

However transmission control will be the issue with auto`s. A stand alone could be used but that conversion alone I think is in the $2500 range.

Plug and play is key with the majority of those interested.

X2 more control without a doubt will help with pistons and other hard parts.

I'm hoping we can (in the future) have a harness that goes between the Stand alone and tie into the factory ECM to give it the data that it needs for the PCM part to do its job for the auto trans and some of the dash board stuff. It's never as easy as it seems it should be but time will tell.

John

kick, any updates, half the world is listening? I want more fuel and more rpm with my 5.9L, I don't want to upgrade to the 6.7L?

Sorry man, I have to draw a line?:rockwoot:

Plug and Play would be nice, but at the same time I would be worried people who have no clue how to tune a motor, would suddenly have the ability to program anything they wanted into the ecm. We would see motors grenading left and right.
Talking with Volker, the sky is the limit as to what you can do software wise, so if you are not proficient with tuning, things can go wrong very quickly and there is no safety net.

Plug and Play would be nice, but at the same time I would be worried people who have no clue how to tune a motor, would suddenly have the ability to program anything they wanted into the ecm. We would see motors grenading left and right.
Talking with Volker, the sky is the limit as to what you can do software wise, so if you are not proficient with tuning, things can go wrong very quickly and there is no safety net.

Exactly! Most customers will be better off having it tuned by Volker or someone trained by him on a dyno and then the customer doesent get the software so they dont risk blowing it up. This will also reduce the cost to the customer as they wont have to buy the software.

John

I am glad to see these things comming out of the wood work for CR's. Will this come with presets? like stock form then tune from there, I dont see the full potential of this really showing untill years of testing have been done on the various levels we use these trucks...........
Brandon

Glen maybe the Dmax crowd could be a huge help to us that need guidance with the tuning part, I know this is different than EFI Live but they can still be a big help IMHO.
Maybe there could be some tuning class's?? Id for sure be up for that, cause id sure like to learn as much as I can about tuning and anything else that gose along with a standalone.

Anyhow Im pretty excited.........:rockwoot: Keep up the great work to all involved!!!!

Absolutely.....look at efi live, there is quite a following of a few tuners that have the know how of what to and not to do. Lots of folks running a efi tune but don`t actually tune it.

I see that in this case as well.

IMO the HUGE part of making something like this work is $$$$$!!!!

the 15.1 is what 5,000 or somewere around there, then Scheid has one for around 4,500.

if this is anywere near 1,000 Im sure it would be a HUGE hit! Heck with all of the programmers most of us have, we are close if not over the 1K mark.

Im sure some of the EFI live Guru's would step in and help tune something like this. They have the been there done that experence, so they can keep us away from the dredded DockBoy!

the 15.1 is what 5,000 or somewere around there, then Scheid has one for around 4,500.

if this is anywere near 1,000 Im sure it would be a HUGE hit! Heck with all of the programmers most of us have, we are close if not over the 1K mark.

Im sure some of the EFI live Guru's would step in and help tune something like this. They have the been there done that experence, so they can keep us away from the dredded DockBoy!

I agree 100%.............

The Bosch 15.1 goes for $14,000 for everything!

John

I'm still wondering if this unit will allow absolute normal daily operation for an auto street truck..

I would imagine that anyone with some mechanical/electronic skills should be able to piggy back a standalone to the oem ecu to retain transmission function. Really, what's something like this need to operate, a few added sensors? My truck has an OBDII port under the hood just for tuning.:hehe:

the biggest part that is being missed here is that the bosch, schied, and the stand alone dominator used cant even shake a stick at volkers. dont get me wrong, they have helped advanced the CR with their units but this had FULL tuning, not partial so im sure that will effect price as well.

Back