dual feed gone wrong. FML

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
so i was trying to pull the 10mm hex head plug out of the front of the pump so i could get a fitting for it to do a dual feed set up and just my luck i stripped the d@mn thing out pretty bad. what would you guys do to get this out?

Attachments

• pumpplug.jpg
    pumpplug.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
you could try drilling it out, but not all the way and tapping it with left handed threads then put a left handed bolt in it...good luck to you man. I just did this mod about a week ago and the first bite i got on it, stripped. turned out that i didnt have the allen wrench in all the way...

Take a flat chisel and place it on a 45 degree angle flat across the plug just off to the one side, hold it in a fashion so that when it's struck it will loosen the plug, next strike the chisel with a man sized hammer...works every time! Unless you're a hard learner you'll this will be the last plug you round out like that.

Last edited:
Crabbell is correct. Put a little heat on it. Very little. Tap it with a brass drift punch. It will come right out.

Crabbell is correct. Put a little heat on it. Very little. Tap it with a brass drift punch. It will come right out.

sorry but what is a brass drift punch??

ill give it a go with some heat and a try to tap it out. i want to use drill/tap as a very last method, kinda a pricey part to go drilling/tapping into!

A brass drift puch is a flat headed round piece of brass. The brass is softer than the plug and will take the abuse instead of the pump

i got it out ending up pounding a 3/8 ratchet ext. into it and heating it up with a soldering torch. took some fighting but it slowly did come out.

is dual feed worth it? i dont know the answer to that, to me its worth doing seeings how i got to re-do my fuel system anyways and its only another 2 fittings. its SUPPOSED to increase flow to the pump in high rmp/hp apllications and help prevent #6 pluger/barrel from being scored due to lack of fuel being provided. the way i see it, its cheap/easy enough to do that its worth it to have extra fuel to the pump

Attachments

• dualfeed plug.jpg
    dualfeed plug.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Dual feed is a preference more than anything I think. I see a lot of high hp trucks running single feeds. I probably see more single feeds than dual feeds.
I dual feed my pumps. We haven't had any issues with fuel delivery. We did stick one plunger but I have no way of knowing if the dual feed caused it or not?

Glad you got the plugs out. Next time before trying to turn the socket, tap it with a hammer and make sure it is all the way in there.

is this dual feed really worth it?? this is the first i've ever heard of this what are the pros & cons?

Your on a pulling team and never heard of a dual feel line for a p pump?

I'm curious how a pump that feeds a single rail has a #6 plunger and barrel.

what do ya mean? if i was wrong with what i said im sorry its just info i have gathered from reading on here. i dont have any first hand experience with the dual feeds or much with the pump either other then the simple dv install and plate work (i know,i know, nothing to write home from the war about)

Glad you got the plugs out. Next time before trying to turn the socket, tap it with a hammer and make sure it is all the way in there.

Your on a pulling team and never heard of a dual feel line for a p pump?

when i started it was all the way in their, i got a good full turn before it stripped. it was TIGHT tho i had a cheater bar on it just to get it to turn & it was "squeaking" like crazy with each turn

I'm curious how a pump that feeds a single rail has a #6 plunger and barrel.

This isn't a cp3 pump it's a p pump....

I burned up my number 6 with a single feed and only about 500hp so I highly recommend them to all who turn their power up.

when i started it was all the way in their, i got a good full turn before it stripped. it was TIGHT tho i had a cheater bar on it just to get it to turn & it was "squeaking" like crazy with each turn

did you spray and lube on it? wd40 anything? when something is squeeking, this is the mechanical call sign for "im dry and causing friction"

This isn't a cp3 pump it's a p pump....

I burned up my number 6 with a single feed and only about 500hp so I highly recommend them to all who turn their power up.

^^^^ his kit makes for a very easy install!!!!

did you spray and lube on it? wd40 anything? when something is squeeking, this is the mechanical call sign for "im dry and causing friction"

^^^^ his kit makes for a very easy install!!!!

I sprayed it with "freeze off" before I started but I don't think I let it soak in long enough

Dual feeding teh P7100 allows for fuel to evenly distribute to the entire pump and also puts "cool" fuel through both ends instead of #6 getting "hot" fuel. We have had a dual feed on the engine in the Vette for a few years and I would say it is worth it.

Back