Twins suck! time for single.

I've driven the 35/400 combo and would take that in a heart beat to my 62/71/13ss. I love the way twins come on and sound.

you like watching the boost needle take its sweet time? :confused:

with an automatic, they're not too bad, but w/ a manual tranny, I gained so much area under the curve, it wasn't funny. Also, it has been MY personal experience that the HTT turbos don't spool like II's... I realize they're the same hard parts, but I think they're setting up their wastegates differently or something.

The only problem I see with any of the HX35 twins sets is the HX35's exhaust housing being to small.With it not being a housing thats gating both sides of the manifold pressure the drive pressures go through the roof and kill HP and spool up.

The absolute hardest hitting set of HX35/HT3B twins I ever drove or rode in was Sled Pullers original EEP twins from way back when he first built his truck.That set had a HX35 with a 18cm housing up top and a external gate to rid the excessive drive pressures and drive the bottom charger harder.It drove like a big single,good enough to manage everyday traffic and when it was hit the throttle time,you were up on top of the tires and rolling very fast.

Big Blue....
Did you ever get over the 500 mark yet????...Just Kidding...LOL.....Andy

spot on Andy... buddy of mine ran the same setup (18cm w/ an external) and it ran well... but a 12cm is just a cork... and then go hanging a big ol S400 in it, and well... it's just a mismatched setup IMO

you like watching the boost needle take its sweet time? :confused:

with an automatic, they're not too bad, but w/ a manual tranny, I gained so much area under the curve, it wasn't funny. Also, it has been MY personal experience that the HTT turbos don't spool like II's... I realize they're the same hard parts, but I think they're setting up their wastegates differently or something.

That's interesting cause my buddy's 35/400 6spd combo spools a heckuva lot better than my 62/71/13. His is a 24v though.

The only problem I see with any of the HX35 twins sets is the HX35's exhaust housing being to small.With it not being a housing thats gating both sides of the manifold pressure the drive pressures go through the roof and kill HP and spool up.

The absolute hardest hitting set of HX35/HT3B twins I ever drove or rode in was Sled Pullers original EEP twins from way back when he first built his truck.That set had a HX35 with a 18cm housing up top and a external gate to rid the excessive drive pressures and drive the bottom charger harder.It drove like a big single,good enough to manage everyday traffic and when it was hit the throttle time,you were up on top of the tires and rolling very fast.

Big Blue....
Did you ever get over the 500 mark yet????...Just Kidding...LOL.....Andy

In spirit. LOL

That's interesting cause my buddy's 35/400 6spd combo spools a heckuva lot better than my 62/71/13. His is a 24v though.

yeah, 12v is a different animal... everyone thinks they spool turbos so well because they'll pump out a lot of fuel... FALSE! LOL! fuel only helps to a point... timing and cylinder head flow are are key!

They sure can spool a turbo that's for sure. And the power they make is insane. Not to mention the adjustability.

Ok wow alot more responses here than i would get on DTR but anyways. I was having a hard time deciding between the II and HTT but I was kind of leaning towards HTT because it was a little cheaper but Zippy seemed to of made me a pretty good deal on his II 62. So I think im going to do that. A turbo thats on a 12v will still fit up on my 24v right?

Yea I already told him I want it just gotta go to the bank here pretty quick and make sure i tell them to bump my spending limit up (it sucks only being 18 and having a $500 spending limit on the card). Reall though should I be over 500hp after turbo swap?

I would think you would be over now, But I would think for sure once you swap. Sounds like from what everyone is saying that 35 is whats killing you.

Im wanting to be over 500 after turbo swap. Then from there start really builing up a pretty sweet truck in my books anyways. (slowly though haha)

You should be over 500hp already. The jammer's aren't the greatest injector but they can make over 500hp.

That setup will give you 500 if it is tuned properly. Most trucks will be in the 485-500 range with that setup, and with some fine tuning will go over 500.

Back