RayMac

I had a Raymac head on my red truck. I didn't pay as much as he's charging now, but he wasn't quite as established in the diesel realm. VERY shortly after, his prices on diesel stuff jumped up quite a bit.

What people have to realize is that Ray isn't some hilljack backwoods machine shop that's doing flywheels and generic cylinder head rebuilds for the local repair shops. He's a high end machine shop doing high end/precision work and builds. If you can get by with a little less precision or if you can find someone to offer you the same work/precision for less, more power to you.

He's got plenty of people that will pay his prices and rates. Why would he make a charity case out of the diesel world when the Cummins stuff takes more setup time and is harder to cut than the race pieces he's usually working on? :confused:

Would I have another head done by RayMac? probably not at their current pricing, but I'm not at a level of performance/competition where I NEED what they offer either. If I were? no question

Forrest brought up a few great points, Ray wrote the books on high performance engine assembly for Reher Morrison . RayMac Charges a fair price for what you get, The high end engine development that goes on at RayMac behind close door will amaze even people like me, He has been asked many time to go to a multitude of top ten NASCAR teams, and he politely reply’s that his family comes first and he is not moving out of this area. Ray doesn’t know how to do anything second class, and if someone wants mediocre parts or just something to get by , he will send them on down the road in a heartbeat .

I was not going to go where Anna did , but now that she has open the subject , I was reminded at lunch by Charlie and Kenny that what is right is right , and if they had a guy pay only 75% of the cost of a motor ,as a sponsor deal , and then not pay the last $4000 of it because people trusted him out the door on a weekend . Both of them would handle a little less charitable then Ray .

Last edited by a moderator:
What is so special about Johns heads? Is he building a completely new head?
It has to be something pretty extravagant to be worth $12,500.
I thought I heard Indy cylinder head would build one for around the same price.

Buy one and you will see.

When you buy something from one of these first class builder's and then have your local machine shop do one for you. Now sit down with a mic and set of callipers and a spring machine and if you are really good and see the different settings of squish in the seat etc. etc. and then tell me your install hieghts and seat preasures guid angles are exactly the same not with in a thou or two either, then you will see the difference cash takes and only then!!!!!!$.02

If someone can point me to a web page or number for Buddha Power let me know.
John will let people know how to contact him if he decides to build them a motor. He is kind of like Don Ness who builds some of the finest ProStock Chassis out there , at $175,000 for a Chassis and he pickes who .
I do hear that if you want one Charlie Stewart can get you one . 817 253 5796 , they have RayMac heads in stock and can talk about how far you might want to go .

Sloverado,

You dont need a super duper magic dust cylinder head to reach your goals and beyond. You can save your money and time and keep the cylinder head stock even. Mild port work on the exhaust side runners and some on the bowls and your done.

Sloverado,

You dont need a super duper magic dust cylinder head to reach your goals and beyond. You can save your money and time and keep the cylinder head stock even. Mild port work on the exhaust side runners and some on the bowls and your done.

this is what I intend...

:bang

I have a spare 12v head...................

And im goin at that ***** with a dremel and a grinder.:rockwoot:

RayMac is one vendor you can choose from. They are nice guys down there. They do build a bunch of motors. Thanks

Sloverado,

Thats exactly right u dont need all this expensive head work that everyone is doing and extremely charging too much for, there is plenty of people out there making awesome power and times with just a little exhaust porting and good bowl work. Its a diesel dont make it complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back