RayMac

onetun

Spoke with RayMac about doing my build.
Anyone have any comments about their work and service?
Common rail owners have input?

Thanks

Have you heard of the quote, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" In Raymac's case it doesn't hold true since you'll spend 3x the money to go the same fast.

Where are you located?

Have you heard of the quote, "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?" In Raymac's case it doesn't hold true since you'll spend 3x the money to go the same fast.

Where are you located?

No bs. My buddy paid $3000 to have his head decked, o-ringed, and magnafluxed.

Where are you located?

agreed and service is like pulling teeth!!!getting it to stay together is another, but good luck with your build!!:bang

PM cnsmoke.... ask about his motor...

Toolman is right. Ask cnsmoke.

If you are looking for someone to port you heads, pm me and I can direct you to a company that is turning out some very low volume High Flow heads. Too bad they are Cummins only :(

umm yeah they want 6 grand for a ported head fireringed and intake mainfold bolted on and then extra if you want custom valves

I was quoted $8000, and they said it ws a "deal" for a complete head, and they wanted my old one. If you want a built motor, I prefer II, they did me right, and my motor is sweeeeeeet!!

that was with a ZZ Fab intake, and bells and whisltes, still too much for me, I thought that was a little rediculous myself.

that was with a ZZ Fab intake, and bells and whisltes, still too much for me, I thought that was a little rediculous myself.

Sad thing is you dont even need all that crap, WHAT!!!!!! they just started doing cummins engines a few years ago and now there diesel gods and let me guess they put the D in Diesel also right?????? Over priced and then you have to figure out how much the wrecker bill will be once you drive it????

I just had a CR head decked, ringed, 24 new valve seats, new bronze valve guides, factory intake cut off, set up a set of springs I supplied, and a basic port job on intake and exhaust.
right around $2,000 from Woodruff Diesel
And the basic port job looked better than alot of high dollar ones I have seen.

Shhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone about Woodruff, I like my lightning-quick machining service from him. :hehe:

Shhhhhh!!! Don't tell anyone about Woodruff, I like my lightning-quick machining service from him. :hehe:

quick and very well done, whats not to like. Josh took longer than he quoted on the head but I know he was pulling his hair out with that pulling truck he's building. And I didn't even have to pay return shipping because Doug was coming through Baltimore and delivered it!

1st. Class bunch at that place for sure.

And the basic port job looked better than alot of high dollar ones I have seen.

Here is what the guys at Manuel Auto Group (Home of Project X) are doing. I took these a while ago trying to learn how to shoot complet parts.

ManuelHeadIntake.jpg

ManuelHead.jpg

Back