Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Lighten up, go hang a baby from your rig for Halloween!
fac1601c2113c8856c9d1887b43890cf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

that's a really cool and fascinating story, and I'm sure you'd love to tell it a few more times........but 21,000 hours isn't a new engine.......I can't count on both hands and both feet how many 2250 and 2350 ISX's I know of personally that got holes in the block or complete inframes before 2000 hours.

that's a really cool and fascinating story, and I'm sure you'd love to tell it a few more times........but 21,000 hours isn't a new engine.......I can't count on both hands and both feet how many 2250 and 2350 ISX's I know of personally that got holes in the block or complete inframes before 2000 hours.

but......but.......but.......but........cats are JUNK!

516K miles and 21K hours...wide loads suck in the winter. I obviously knew it wasn't a new engine...

I was almost bragging on it...that engine with emissions was trash as it never drove on the road during any February while we owned it, but after we tuned it it was very reliable finally right up until she let go. Best it ever ran. I wouldn't have a problem owning a tuned ACERT again, but no more Cat's with functioning emissions equipment.
Chris

Last edited:
how many of those failures have I see on a cat? ONE, I have a good friend with a 900,000 mile BXS acert that developed a leaking headgasket, due to the high mileage we inframed it with the 16:1 industrial pistons and all the associated stuff, flashed in a good tune, backed off the IVA's, and kicked it out the door. 250,000 miles later averaging 5.5MPG toting 105,000 pounds in a W900L......what a complete pile of schit, right?
Truckers trucking forum had maybe 100 pages of Cat problems. Other brands not much. You think 5.5 mpg is good ?

ISX is also crap like Cat. Only european owned manufacturers seem to know how to build engines for todays standards..

Truckers trucking forum had maybe 100 pages of Cat problems. Other brands not much. You think 5.5 mpg is good ?

problems like "how do I prime my cat after a fuel filter change?" probably......I know how steering wheel holders are, so nice try. and yes, 5.5 is good when you're constantly in the mountains and idling all night because its either 90 degrees outside in the summer, or -30 in the winter.

Is he still butthurt that when I called him out on that isx turbo deal? Said you can't make power with VNT turbos that they were garbage and the very page before he was praising a guy for making 700 some odd hp to the wheels with a stock ISX turbo. I still have a chuckle at that!

It was 800 something. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 0
It was 800 something. Thank you

respectable numbers for sure, I'm really curious how that turbo is going to hold up. seems like one of two things happens with the ones on the CM870's, they either shoot the turbine wheel out the exhaust, or the electronics go bad. I swear those turbos should be considered a consumable on those things..... "change the turbo every third oil change" LOL LOL

ISX is also crap like Cat. Only european owned manufacturers seem to know how to build engines for todays standards..

For phucks sake shut up already about how great Euro engines no one here give two phucks about them.

There is guy that pulls for us all the time and he had just about 1.2 million on a bone stock CAT C15 before he had to do an inframe on it. And the only reason he opened her up was because the head gasket failed.

There has to be something different to your volvox across the pond. I swear all of the ones I know of had sleeve issues like you stated, but also emissions, injector, electrical, multiple water pump failures. Ect. We went to the 6 dd powered trucks because the Volvo powered ones were soo problematic. I'm not saying they can't be good, just that these ones didn't seem to be. (2008-2012 vintage). I believe you totally that you feel your engines are superior, and maybe what you guys have over there is great. But with 6 in a fleet of 70, 1 was down at all times. I wonder if maybe your euro spec cal is different enough that it causes fewer issues???

my MBN cracked the head and started pushing coolant at 1.1 million, not really caterpillar's fault in my opinion, the damn thing had 29 some odd thousand hours on it and 1.1 million miles......it was time for an overhaul regardless

respectable numbers for sure, I'm really curious how that turbo is going to hold up. seems like one of two things happens with the ones on the CM870's, they either shoot the turbine wheel out the exhaust, or the electronics go bad. I swear those turbos should be considered a consumable on those things..... "change the turbo every third oil change" LOL LOL

The 870s aren't as controllable. This is an 871. Most, and I mean most problems seem to com from poor tuning. This has survived quite well with 100k+ loads, but I'm also the only driver. I surely would castrate it if someone else was running it

There has to be something different to your volvox across the pond. I swear all of the ones I know of had sleeve issues like you stated, but also emissions, injector, electrical, multiple water pump failures. Ect. We went to the 6 dd powered trucks because the Volvo powered ones were soo problematic. I'm not saying they can't be good, just that these ones didn't seem to be. (2008-2012 vintage). I believe you totally that you feel your engines are superior, and maybe what you guys have over there is great. But with 6 in a fleet of 70, 1 was down at all times. I wonder if maybe your euro spec cal is different enough that it causes fewer issues???

don't be fooled, the only engines they have over there that are worth a damn are made by Scania. Volvo is garbage everywhere in the world

The 870s aren't as controllable. This is an 871. Most, and I mean most problems seem to com from poor tuning. This has survived quite well with 100k+ loads, but I'm also the only driver. I surely would castrate it if someone else was running it

that's what I meant was the 871, I haven't spoke cummins for quite awhile so I got my ISX series engines mixed up haha. tuning seems to be a huge deal with those, when you get good tuning they really run well.

the DD16's aren't any better, there's several of those running around in western stars and it was the same deal, hit a hill, split down half a gear, wave goodbye, and watch that big W on the grille fade into the sunset........give it up dude, those engines are garbage.

Just checked, you dont even have 630 hp 3000 Nm torque DD16 available.

how many of those failures have I see on a cat? ONE, I have a good friend with a 900,000 mile BXS acert that developed a leaking headgasket, due to the high mileage we inframed it with the 16:1 industrial pistons and all the associated stuff, flashed in a good tune, backed off the IVA's, and kicked it out the door. 250,000 miles later averaging 5.5MPG toting 105,000 pounds in a W900L......what a complete pile of schit, right?

Meanwhile all the owner of an ISX of the same vintage had to do was turn the key on for 30 seconds and disconnect the egr valve. Meanwhile an acert guy had to do IVAs, pistons, and a new turbo to get bsfc to be acceptable. Also how many years did it take the cat guys to figure that all out?

Back