Timing versus HP comparison.

[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/?action=view&current=video-2011-11-05-11-07-51.mp4"]video-2011-11-05-11-07-51.mp4 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]

I tried to start mine Friday evening with 28 deg of timing and mid 40's temps. Not even close. i backed the timing off to 24 and it started, but not easily.That's with no grid heaters. Thank goodness for adjustable gears.

maybe this is a stupid question but how does the truck start at 26* of timing I set my 215 pump at 26* was 20*with ddp stage2 injecters no heater grid and it does not like to start below 50* outside temp is that normal or do u guys think something is wrong?
If I plug mine in for 15-20min in the morn it makes a big difference in starting. Mine is 26-28 with no grid heater.

i tried to reinstall a grid heater yesterday, mainly because my truck will often sit for 12+ hours where I can't plug it in...and it gets cold in Nebraska. LOL stupid thing wont clear the conversion lines.
CompD Mobile Device

I tried to start mine Friday evening with 28 deg of timing and mid 40's temps. Not even close. i backed the timing off to 24 and it started, but not easily.That's with no grid heaters. Thank goodness for adjustable gears.

Mines starting so far at 20ish and 20* outside. Im dreading winter. Im gonna have to have both the block heater and oil pan heater on 24/7 LOL

sent from my phone

i tried to reinstall a grid heater yesterday, mainly because my truck will often sit for 12+ hours where I can't plug it in...and it gets cold in Nebraska. LOL stupid thing wont clear the conversion lines.
CompD Mobile Device

It should fit.

Have you ever looked into an ether start kit? Or are you against ether? Mine works very well and with the correct atomizer in it starts great. At $100 it's hard to argue against them. I know some people say wit cracks pistons but from my experience that only happens when used wrong.
I run 30 degrees timing and it starts all winter. I try to plug it in but unassisted at 30 degrees it still starts.

Have you ever looked into an ether start kit? Or are you against ether? Mine works very well and with the correct atomizer in it starts great. At $100 it's hard to argue against them. I know some people say wit cracks pistons but from my experience that only happens when used wrong.
I run 30 degrees timing and it starts all winter. I try to plug it in but unassisted at 30 degrees it still starts.

It's not a problem. It only takes about 20 minuites for me to change the timing with this adjustable gear. When I get a chance, I'll drop it down to about 20 degrees and change dv's. It starts fine there.

Back