Blown head gasket blues

I guess I was lucky, my '95 had 550K on it when I sold it and the head had never been off. Stock head bolts. For about three years it had some big injectors (DD3's), some pump work, a Sled Puller 66, and 19* timing. I never dyno'd it. It would push 65psi boost.

Over torqued stock bolts? You ain’t alone haha

You can get a lot out of the stock head bolts when used with some o-rings.
That being said, quality studs combined with o-rings obviously make for an even better situation.

I am a big supporter of retorquing of stock head bolts on 89-02 trucks.
A truck such as Garry's (sons) 2001 with the comp box installed, is a perfect candidate for having this done.

I can agree with all that. Did mine one at a time. Cleaned and oiled. Doing fine so far considering the absolute idiot that drives it.

Did everyone forget Jasonc ran back to back 9.xx 1/4 mile passes on stock head bolts with orings....:tree: I feel like a fool for buying studs :bang

Did not know personally but knew of some 9’s done on bolts.

I might get a stretch guage for mine when it’s time to do o rings.

Things have went way up in price it seems.

Haha you noticed high prices ?

Also, I wasn't trying to sell, just saying don't reuse head bolts. It is possible that you have the older head bolts that were not torque to yield. If that's the case you could reuse them.

Yea these 95 units are torque plus angle best I can tell.

Haha guess I was speaking on the price of the bolts but point taken. It’s literally every thing now right?

Probably couldn't even find a picture of Keating's S10 that went 8's with fire rings and head bolts, YouTube says it was 2007.

Probably couldn't even find a picture of Keating's S10 that went 8's with fire rings and head bolts, YouTube says it was 2007.
I have a video of it at English Mountain raceway on Hi 8 format and have nothing to play it in ?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

I have a video of it at English Mountain raceway on Hi 8 format and have nothing to play it in ?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Funny you say that, I was searching for a Hi 8 camera to play that format just last month! Picked up a nice gently used sony for around $90 on ebay.

I tried, can't find a picture on Google!!

Man we've been around too long.
Chris

FOUND ONE!
th_06IRP008.jpg

Last edited:
Back