Truckers, lets see your rigs!

They can get em to run. Just lackin proper turbo to match tuning:hehe:

Thet jerry rays old ride?
Yea when he still owned it, just funny how Leiffi brags on the euro tuners and posts a video of what looks like a county fair brush pull with some farm kid pulling daddy's truck.

Euro super tuners can't beat the PA Amish.:hehe:

Yea when he still owned it, just funny how Leiffi brags on the euro tuners and posts a video of what looks like a county fair brush pull with some farm kid pulling daddy's truck.

Euro super tuners can't beat the PA Amish.:hehe:

His old mans truck is even more impressive these days.

OK CAT guys...any ideas what wastegated charger would be on our 6NZ? It blew the freeze plug out of the wastegate port, but I can't find a number on the tag...like it's been polished off. It's an odd size freeze plug or I'd just try to find something.

On a good not, those parts from Magnum were stellar. Just what we needed.
Chris

Get with John and he’s got the Borg numbers depending on which replacement you need. Don’t go back cat.
I don’t remember the numbers off the top of my head for the 78mm.

On edit: Or Cody can help too. He’s the turbo guru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here’s the borg 78mm with a 1.32 housing number.
1496-988-0000

Or the 80mm with a 1.58 housing.
1496-988-0001

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OK CAT guys...any ideas what wastegated charger would be on our 6NZ? It blew the freeze plug out of the wastegate port, but I can't find a number on the tag...like it's been polished off. It's an odd size freeze plug or I'd just try to find something.

On a good not, those parts from Magnum were stellar. Just what we needed.
Chris

Garrett GT47.

I'm hoping to just source the freeze plug. Nothing wrong it the charger.

Chris

At one time I had the repair kit from Walker cat that was a bolt in plug. Had a truck blow one out in Virginia and bought 2 kits when he was there. Throwing that chitty turbo on the scrap pile solved it better though. I’ve probably got 3-4 stock exhaust housings if you can’t find a plug.

At one time I had the repair kit from Walker cat that was a bolt in plug. Had a truck blow one out in Virginia and bought 2 kits when he was there. Throwing that chitty turbo on the scrap pile solved it better though. I’ve probably got 3-4 stock exhaust housings if you can’t find a plug.

Why change it.rick loves his stock turbo. Saw him say it. Hell, leiffi can make a smoke free 1k hp at the tires on a gt47 too. I see no reason to change

Last edited:

What should we put on there in place of the stocker?

I'm thinking we should fix the freeze plug, but if it will do it again, why not just fix it right. I know he won't keep his foot out of it.

chris

What should we put on there in place of the stocker?

I'm thinking we should fix the freeze plug, but if it will do it again, why not just fix it right. I know he won't keep his foot out of it.

chris

Well I was told it’s not a common thing unless the truck sees mountains. I’ve heard the east coast is flat but.......

My first choice would be Acert twins. For the same price you could do a 1496-988-0000 which is the 78mm with the 1.32 housing. Since it’s tuned I would probably use the 1496-988-0005 which is the 80mm with the 1.58 housing and the v band “race cover” but the 1.58 housing is noticeably laggier and kills the jake but definitely slows the wheel speed down. There is a 1.45 housing but I don’t notice much difference between it and the 1.32.

That engine have the stock cam?

Well I was told it’s not a common thing unless the truck sees mountains. I’ve heard the east coast is flat but.......

My first choice would be Acert twins. For the same price you could do a 1496-988-0000 which is the 78mm with the 1.32 housing. Since it’s tuned I would probably use the 1496-988-0005 which is the 80mm with the 1.58 housing and the v band “race cover” but the 1.58 housing is noticeably laggier and kills the jake but definitely slows the wheel speed down. There is a 1.45 housing but I don’t notice much difference between it and the 1.32.

That engine have the stock cam?

Yes, stock cam.

I'm sure the Cotton pickers to Baltimore at 95K gross is what's doing it....however, he is the lead dog going up the hills now...

Chris

Back