lifter ticking????

I have a 06 doing what soundl like this. I just overhauled it 4000 miles ago. Customer said it just started doing this about 100 miles ago.

I have ran the lash and killed the injectors and no change.

Im a little nervious about it. I was thinking I might have to pull the head to do a inspection.

Pulled the oil filter and cut it open. Has a few pieces of alluminum but i think that might be from the overhaul. (new pistons wasnt cleaned at fter machining at the factory, the gallery in them was full of allum chips) I cleand them out the best i could but still might have missed some.

The truck runs and starts fine, no excessive blow by.

Ill be curious to see what other people have to say./

Adam

Yep, my 2010 does it to. No rhyme or reason behind it than i can see. It's sporadic as well, so its hard to say whats causing it. I am deleted, but mine started before i deleted so i'm not too worried about it.

Yes Swole mine has done it since it was fairly new, I first noticed it at around 1k miles. It worried me to begin with but I know its there to live now.

I found the ticking in the truck i was working on. The number 4 injection line clamp had came loose. Its amazing how loud they are. All of them were a little looser then I like.

Tighened it up and hit all the others and the noise is gone. Im sure glad i didnt pull the head to "look"...

I had one of the injector clamps come a little loose on mine too... It will tick every time that injector fires. Hope its something that simple for ya.

IM starting to think its a valve seat or an exhaust valve! There's no metal in the oil or bent pushrods all.fuel lines are tight and injectors as well

Same here... My 10' has a sparadic tick as well. I keep adjusting my valves at different settings hoping it will soon go away.

Back