lifter ticking????

08 mega man

cornfused
Well I've got a ticking noise that I cannot figure out where its at for sure I pulled the valve cover and fired it up and let it run for about 15-20 minutes and watched all the rockers. To see if one was staying up longer than it should or not moving at Allan's they were all fine pulled the pushrods and none were bent broke flat so can y'all help towing trailers it stays within 11-1400 range @35-40 Pei of boost injectors are fine passed contribution test and kill test so I'm at a lost

Ya I'm sure it would but my phone is kinda dumb and does as it pleases sometimes sorry

Does it have oil? Is the fuel rail securely fastened?

Sure it's not a wrist pin? I've had a half dozen 5.9/6.7 have a light ticking at low rpm and almost none at high rpm then it got worse as time went on.

Mine is only at idle when warmed up. I guess its valve last after deleting but haven't gotten around to checking yet. It is sporadic too, no rhythm to it.

Just changed the oil from schafers to mistic again and no change even overfilled it a bit! Its something to do with the valves,rockers,can,lifter or something on the exhaust side.I just don't wanna tear into it unless I know! Even empty it will hit 1600*

We had leaking injector, it made same noise as lifter

Are you sure your not hearing timing rattle? H&S has the feature to adjust timing , at higher levels the timing rattle becomes more apparent. I know you have EFI Live but they still play with timing and the same rules apply.

On a side note I've heard exhaust leaks that cause a ticking noise.

Kill test didn't change anything I've checked all the exhaust and no leaks its about halfway down the block you can hear it most

Mine ticks too, I can't figure out what it is. I have a buddy with a deleted but otherwise stock 6.7 that ticks also. It doesnt worry me but it is annoying. Mine also doesn't really tick when its cold and my lash is set at 10/20 too.

^ same thing here. I've got a buddy with an 09 that's fully deleted but otherwise stock. Has this funny little ticking noise.

Has it always done this??

CP3 gear lash noise could be a guess...

My brand new 12 has a "tick" or " knock" at idle as well... I think they just do this chit to bug us...

Back