691 and almost 1400 TQ on 200 Inj's

yes..but at a minimal doug's dyno did post TQ reading too..

one has the supporting mods..one does not..thats the big difference..IMHO

Those numbers are dead in line with those mods...everyone here knows it.
Things change...progress happens. Tadd's truck did 708 how long ago ?
Progress.

Does Doug know more than Tadd ? Who knows...I'll bet they both know about the same considering the fact they're both certified diesel techs. You won't find anyone that thinks DJ doesn't knwo his way around a diesel either.
Does Bean build better injectors that Tadd ? Absolutly not...Bean doesn't build injectors. Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel builds them for him...and they're pretty damned good by all accounts.

I don't feel like going down the whole list...but I can assure you that Redneck is FAR from the highest HP 6.0 at 728....not even close.

Last edited:
Abrannan19 said:
doesn't mean that the person is better then the other..but obviously it does to you.

It means alot to me. I want the best for my truck. I will buy from who I think is the best, if the price is worth it, in my mind. Power leads to sales.

Your truck made 438 on that dyno. Is it all stock, injectors, turbo and no nos?

no it has 190' s fass etc.etc does have a stock turbo though

thats what I am saying..I don't have some huge HP claim..

to each his own..you can doubt if you like..its not my problem..but because Doug made almost as much HP as Tadd doesn't mean Doug is better then Tadd.

Another HUGE issue to consider is that we have a very poor validation of true fuel volume in the injector "hold" reservoir. One guy calls them 200's, another 225's, and I have heard these HUEI injectors are a real PITA to calibrate and flow test. So, maybe Frankie did hit 755 RWHP. But if the stock injectors hold 135, then there is NO WAY 190's MAKE 755RWHP. But for sure, if they are really 225's because the builder is not that accurate, 755 is possible according to my calculations.

My point is that there is no validated method for proving what size your or anyone's injectors are. I know Ford can measure the stock ones with equipment they have. I bet you that equipment is validated for a small range around the 135's, since that is what it needs to measure. Anyway, you get the point.

Until we have a reliable way of measuring injector capacity accurately, this debate could go on and on.

Ralph

ralphinnj said:
My point is that there is no validated method for proving what size your or anyone's injectors are. I know Ford can measure the stock ones with equipment they have. I bet you that equipment is validated for a small range around the 135's, since that is what it needs to measure. Anyway, you get the point.

Until we have a reliable way of measuring injector capacity accurately, this debate could go on and on.

Ralph

Thats what I was trying to say on GOGO.:hehe:

Abrannan19 said:
no it has 190' s fass etc.etc does have a stock turbo though

thats what I am saying..I don't have some huge HP claim..

to each his own..you can doubt if you like..its not my problem..but because Doug made almost as much HP as Tadd doesn't mean Doug is better then Tadd.

More fuel means more power. With NOS the air is there. Doug must be better, he can make more power than anyone with less fuel. That is a pretty good arguement to me.

I understand progress. Because of all this progress and new found knowledge that is why the 6.0 1/4 mile speed record was set 2 summers ago and not last summer?

I am sorry for refering to Casserly's injectors as Bean's. I am still stuck in the days when Bean took all the credit for Casserly's work!

Jeremy, give me a shout and we can talk about what I did. Or didn't do. As far as who is the best, it doesn't really matter to me what you think. I called certain people to let them know what happend because they wanted to know. If you want a video of the pull. I will get one when we go back for the changes.

There is a graph of each pull. I provided the torque numbers. Its a dynojet 248hw. Ryan Casserly builds my injectors. Each set he builds for me does what they are supposed to. Feel free to call him as well. I called him that night also to tell him job well done on the injectors.

PSDPlayer said:
Jeremy, give me a shout and we can talk about what I did. Or didn't do. As far as who is the best, it doesn't really matter to me what you think. I called certain people to let them know what happend because they wanted to know. If you want a video of the pull. I will get one when we go back for the changes.

There is a graph of each pull. I provided the torque numbers. Its a dynojet 248hw. Ryan Casserly builds my injectors. Each set he builds for me does what they are supposed to. Feel free to call him as well. I called him that night also to tell him job well done on the injectors.

I just don't get it. If it is that easy to make almost 700 then why haven't more people done it? Why didn't Robbie's truck do it at the first diesel Challenge? These are just question that don't add up to me.

I would guess dyno operators make mistakes. I think that is what happend to Frankie (from nobody to internet diesel phenom with one mess up dyno run).

I never dynoed my truck....but ran 110+ in the 1/4 many time at 7600lbs with me in it.
Run that through a claculator....I had essentially the same mods as Doug dynoed.

The graphs are set to smoothing 5 not to catch a blip. But IF i set it to smoothing 0 it would give you 701/1455. It must be dyno error if I do it better than you? Frankie did his dyno run at GAW. I did mine at a different shop. Makerun options set to 4.5 for the RPM. Elevation 0. MPH 150. Drive the truck. Roll on the throttle to wide open and hit the button. Not that tough to do.

UNBROKEN said:
I never dynoed my truck....but ran 110+ in the 1/4 many time at 7600lbs with me in it.
Run that through a claculator....I had essentially the same mods as Doug dynoed.

Didn't you shoot like a 105 pill and only 190 injectors. You only had the wheel?

I had almost this same setup also. NOS, 190 injectors, modded wheel... I can tell you I make more power now with the twin turbos and 250cc injectors.

Just say it Rich, "Tadd doesn't know what he is doing."

An honest 110 at 7600 means 800HP at the crank, which is high 600's to the ground, and VERY close to what Doug just did (690-ish). You would need atleast 190's to make that claim. Assuming enough nitrous, it is believable.

Ralph

ralphinnj said:
An honest 110 at 7600 means 800HP at the crank, which is high 600's to the ground, and VERY close to what Doug just did (690-ish). You would need atleast 190's to make that claim. Assuming enough nitrous, it is believable.

Ralph

It would be pretty cool if a company had an engine dyno that did all sorts of engine testing. 1000's of hours trying to figure out how to make 800 crank hp. Then we would all know what it would take.

It would be even more cool if this company could get the backing of Ford. What would only make it better is if this same company would work with someone to make a truck go very fast. Let's say over 200 mph. Then we would definitely know how many CC's it takes to make 800 crank hp.

That would be cool. If only that company exists. OH, wait it does!!

lubeowner said:
Didn't you shoot like a 105 pill and only 190 injectors. You only had the wheel?

I had almost this same setup also. NOS, 190 injectors, modded wheel... I can tell you I make more power now with the twin turbos and 250cc injectors.

Just say it Rich, "Tadd doesn't know what he is doing."

single stage .088 jet with the full Beans turbo. Like I said...essentially the same mods....obvoiusly not exactly the same.

As far as Tadd...the ONLY thing I've EVER said about him...is how much he helped and showed me along the way. I ALWAYS ran his injectors...from one of the very first sets he ever made when he was at ATS.....those were the 6th set he built if I remember right...I may be off on that. Every other set of injectors that was in my truck were built by Tadd...I've always been a proponent of what he does...always.

When I blew my motor...the only person I asked for a quote on a built bottom end was Tadd.

I know the man knows what he's doing....but like it or not...so do these other guys. I learned everything I know about a 6.0 from 3 people.
DJ, Doug and Tadd.....I've never said a bad word about any of them.

ralphinnj said:

Ralph
110.35 to be exact....never less than 109 mph.
I had Elite's 190's and a fuel system to feed them with nitrous to burn the extra.
It takes X amount of HP to run X mph at a given weight. Dyno's be damned...that's just plain old physics.

Last edited:
lubeowner said:
It would be pretty cool if a company had an engine dyno that did all sorts of engine testing. 1000's of hours trying to figure out how to make 800 crank hp. Then we would all know what it would take.

It would be even more cool if this company could get the backing of Ford. What would only make it better is if this same company would work with someone to make a truck go very fast. Let's say over 200 mph. Then we would definitely know how many CC's it takes to make 800 crank hp.

That would be cool. If only that company exists. OH, wait it does!!
I'll assume you're talking about Hypermax....the same people that told me on the phone they made 900+ crank HP on a stock fuel system....pump, banjo bolts and all.

That's a discussion for another thread though....start it if you like as I'd like the experts opinion on that also.

Alright, let me explain how this is gonna work. I am tired of the endless BS, about the freakin 6.0 tuners. Its not a freakin war fellas, and Ladies. I am the most tired of the DJ vs. Doug BS. I consider both very good friends, and very good people. They are both very capable tuners. As far as innovative.....his tune is currently in my truck, so that should say enough.....Tadd, I have never run one of his tunes, (no reason other than I have 3 folks I deal with already, and I just don't need another tuner).

This WILL NOT turn into another war. Everyone has their favorite tuners, I have 3. This thread has to do with what one tuner did on a dyno and his numbers are in line with what others have done with the same mods. Tadds numbers are 2 years old, and we have come a looooong way, and were they not done at 5000' altitude?

This thread has zero to do with Frankies claims, and zero to do with Tadd, so they will be left out of it. There is a section for smack talk up in the drag racing section. If you want to get into a pissin match. Do it there and leave the Tech forums to tech.

Back