Military Hummer H1 weel/tire to lifted RAm 2500?

Did any of you guys take the beadlock part out yourself? What a pain in the ass...we ended up cutting through one side of the rubber so we could get it out. Somehow they are supposedly folded and removed with a machine in one piece...

Use a ratcheting cargo strap to fold it...

I looked seriously into a Re-centered set of 12 bolt wheels from these guys http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Custom-Hummer-Wheels-w-Tire-Combos/
but decided the investment was not worth it for my truck. Between the 3.5" of BS from the pressed centers, the cost of welded rock rings, powder coating and shipping "cheap" H1 wheels/tires went out the window. Not to mention its a lot of money for a tire that may not always be available and accelerated brake wear from the heavy combo. Once re-centered, anything DOT about the wheel is gone. Not to say people don't DD them all the time. Would be great set up for additional un-sprung weight and double beadlocks on a trail rig.

For a street truck(that never bags the tires down) and wants to use the H1 radials, Centerline sells some pretty affordable 16.5" aluminum wheels. Think most come with 4.5" BS but it would be worth calling, staff is helpful there.

Apocolypse- thanks for the tip, but you're about a year too late haha.

Cam73- don't worry about this size tire being available. As long as the military hummers are around, the 37" milsurp tires will be as well...

old thread ... I know, but does anyone know if this second gen shown with 37 H1 wheels are lifted?

looking at a set for dirt cheap and trying to figure out if it will fit on my 96 12v 4x4 without lifting?

according to prior posts... these 37in H1 16.5 rims are actually 1 cm shorter than a 35in tall tire. which if true would fit my 96 4x4 without lifting.

well guys and gals this is my finished product, My Dodge Ram 2500 sittin on 37 inch hummer tires with 16.5 inch rims. 5 Hummer wheels and 5 Tires for 550 dollars, sorry it took me so long to get the pics posted.... Hope yall enjoy, I know I shure do...

View attachment 22043

View attachment 22044

View attachment 22045

View attachment 22046

Another question guys...can a regular aluminum 16.5" wheel fit on a 2004 2500 with spacers? I want to run the Hummer 37's since I haven't found a 37 I like yet...currently running 37-12.50/17 Pro-Comps on Welds...

I know this an old thread but been looking into getting h1's for my 2005 2500. Had a few question for those that have done that on the 3rd gen dodge.
I plan to go with the trail worthy fab h1 recentered to 3.5" bs and either the baja t/a(hear there E rated) or just go with Goodyear oz's tire.
I have a 3" lift so far and may add 1/2" longer control arms to push axle back to center for extra room.

Did you have to grind the caliper to get fitment?
Did you have to trim front fenders?
Any balance issues?
How do they do in ice, snow and rain?
How have they worn?
Are you still running them?

So far besides this thread I have only found a few pics of a 3rd gen. Looks like they trimmed the fenders and they're the one piece rim I wanted to go beadlocker.

62168f41-5680-a38f.jpg
62168f41-568e-9b4a.jpg
62168f41-569a-93e8.jpg

Thank for any info you can provide me.

Rhino_81

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Check out the later pics in the link in my sig. Trailworthyfab recentered them to 8 lug centers, at myy preferred backspacing, powdered them, and shipped for 1300. That was with 4 tires also. No rubbing or anything anywhere, and I only have 4in lift, with 4in backspacing.

Sent from my phone, probably while driving, so please excuse the typos.

EDIT: wow tapatalk doesn't show years on the posted date, so my post was kind of irrelevant to your question. But I can tell you these tires are great on everything but ice, and im sure siping them would help with that. Wear great on the pavement too. Can't beat the price either.

Last edited:
After 2 years , and help of two forum members ,now I have set of 24-bolt H1 wheels with 37 inch MTR tires ready to install.

The guy who changed two tires and fix some air leaks, said to remove Hutkinson runflat from inside the tire was almost mission impossible:evil

I think tomorrow is time to test fit.

Check out the later pics in the link in my sig. Trailworthyfab recentered them to 8 lug centers, at myy preferred backspacing, powdered them, and shipped for 1300. That was with 4 tires also. No rubbing or anything anywhere, and I only have 4in lift, with 4in backspacing.

Sent from my phone, probably while driving, so please excuse the typos.

EDIT: wow tapatalk doesn't show years on the posted date, so my post was kind of irrelevant to your question. But I can tell you these tires are great on everything but ice, and im sure siping them would help with that. Wear great on the pavement too. Can't beat the price either.

is this your 98 with no lift?
did that short bed come from the factory?

2011-10-13_18-53-37_56.jpg

2011-10-15_18-50-37_889.jpg

Last edited:
Finally I had time to install the wheels, :rockwoot:, I like the result.

With my homemade controlarms they fit perfectly, I even can remove the fender flares.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• h2.JPG
    h2.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • h3.JPG
    h3.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 0
  • h4.JPG
    h4.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • H1.JPG
    H1.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
  • h5.JPG
    h5.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
Finally I had time to install the wheels, :rockwoot:, I like the result.

With my homemade controlarms they fit perfectly, I even can remove the fender flares.

looking great!

how much lift?
ideally looking for a setup that requires no lift on a 12v 4x4

I hacked the crap out of my 89 to get h1 tires to fit, but it works and rides great.

BTW removing the rubber runflats is a piece of cake with a sawzall blade that is sharpened like a knife, under a minute cutting and removing each one

Yesterday I did bit offroading and for my big surprice the MTR are very good on loose/soft dirt. They clean the thead very well. :rockwoot:

Now its snowing outside and I hope I can get beginning of next year feedback how they hande on the snow and ice

I also have to change rear locker clutches and install from ARB.

Back