Fuel System Challenge

How many want to see all 6.0 fuel systems dynoed same time/same place ?

• Yes

Votes: 62 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
I dont know what dunbar has but can he also load the truck and run it thru the gears to see if they can sustain the same fuel pressure too or not?

Doesnt really matter a whole lot to me anyways but just an idea. I have elites stg2 system and its plenty of fuel for me. Even when I have it boost referenced itll hold consistant pressure over 100 psi as long as I can hold it wot.

Big Wheel,

I have a set of 245ish Speed rated tires on my stock rims that I can share with everyone in the name of DJ's Dyno Experiment.

Big Wheel,

I have a set of 245ish Speed rated tires on my stock rims that I can share with everyone in the name of DJ's Dyno Experiment.

That's awesome! :Cheer:

Even if nothing gets accomplished, it'd still be a good get together. I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts.

That's awesome! :Cheer:

Even if nothing gets accomplished, it'd still be a good get together. I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts.

I agree, it sounds like fun. Around here the only place diesels really meet are at sled pulls and maybe 2-3 dyno's a year.

I'd love to see it! I'd even be happy to donate my truck to the cause. I've got an ITP reg return with an airdog pusher.

I think the only way to get true reading is the same truck, same mods so on. I think the truck should have 250cc injectors since DJs kit is rated for 25o's. this is setting the bar. We also need to test pressure drop since fuel pressure is a key to long injector life. We also need to test bressure drop at variuos RPM and loads..We need a real test not some like this

truck one..Stock truck with fass150/180
truck 2 dj's kit, 225cc injectors and vgt-ss and Nitours
truck 3 -6 lines, compounds, 315cc injectors so on. Its not who builds the fast truck but who has the best fuel system and we need some to messure against..Maybe we use "Toby's Pos(he said that earlier)" for the test

Ok Rob, here is what we're attempting to do ... if we have for instance 3 vendors that would like to attend. Vendor A, Vendor B and Vendor C each bring a stock truck. I believe 90% of the trucks out there are stock with a programmer and 10% have injectors. We'll get into the injectors later.

Vendor A takes truck and puts the truck on the dyno and gets a baseline reading which can be hp, tq, fuel pressure, basically whatever you want to monitor.

Vendor A takes the truck off the dyno, installs his fuel system and puts the truck back on the dyno and pulls the same readings, whatever you want to read. All three vendors, A,B & C do the same thing. With this we have a starting point for all three trucks.

Hypothetically, Vendor A's truck has 150hp and fuel pressure drops to 10 lbs. He installs his fuel system and Vendor A's hp dropped from 150 to 140 and the fuel pressure climbs, not dropping below 40 lbs. Do you understand what I am trying to do?

In laymen terms, the system is either working or not. This is the only way I see to stop the bickering as to which design works better. I'm willing to do it anytime, any where.

As to your suggestion to putting 250cc injectors, etc., the big injectors, the big turbo, we can also do that. Like I said, my fuel system will handle 250cc injectors. If you want to do that, that is fine. Set it up and we'll be there but every thing gets installed at the dyno. That way there is no doubt as to whether the injectors are actually 250's.

DJ :evil

Dj,
I don’t think a stock truck would be acceptable. I feel a truck with bigger injectors & turbo is key for this test to get accurate results. A stock truck will barely show any benefit from any of these kits where a truck with after market components will show huge or significant results. Since your system is rated for 250’s a truck with 250’s would be a great place to start.

Robts-

I can kinda agree....sort of.

I think it should be tested on a stock truck,....because of how bad everyone says the stock fuel system drops in pressure,..which leads to injectors failing.

As DJ said,...only 10% or so have big injectors.

I think if it is tested on a stock truck, it will show exactly what we need to show,...bad fuel design from ford.....and we'll be able to see which companies system will improve it.

Trucks with larger injectors will definitely see more of an improvement....but they have so many other variables that work screw up the test.

Trucks with larger injectors will definitely see more of an improvement....but they have so many other variables that work screw up the test.

+1

We're not testing for claims for support up to certain injector size, we're testing for fuel system performance and only fuel system performance. To allow trucks with any mods would introduce a variable for which we cannot fully account. In essence, it will leave wiggle room for whoever comes out on the bottom to invalidate the test and still claim their product works the best.

I know it would take longer, but how bout do it with a stock truck, then a truck with 190s and a modded VGT (which seem to be the popular combo right now), then a truck with some big sticks like 250s, and some kind of big non VGT or something. Just a thought...

seems like ther will be alot of variables with this test..

probably would be better to use one truck. swap mods..but the dyno test would need to be the same outdoor temps aswell..there would be alot that has to be precise to get an definate ' whats better'

i cant understand how djs system will support 250s with out an added or bigger fuel pump. i have elites stage 1 fuel system with elites 190s and my fuel pressure drops to almost 20psi so with 250s i just dont understand maybe he can explain. :thankyou2:

Back