full manual valve body 47re/rh

I just got that same shift kit, and was curious if it shifts right as you pull the shifter. or if there is a slight delay. Like when you manually shift the stock vb at higher rpm than it wants.

As soon as I slam the shifter it gose to the next gear no matter what the rpm is

does it function still? I was under the impression that manual vb's were just always full pressure.

does it function still? I was under the impression that manual vb's were just always full pressure.

Not the ones I have done. If its street driven I would use a tv cable, if not then tie it open. When I tied the tv cable open on the last manual vb I did it would chirp the tires going to 2nd, not the best for a DD.

Man I really wanna do this on my DD but to nervous about screwing things up! More and more I read about this the more it sound like what I want to do.

So if you have a 47rh and I wanna covert it to Manuel how dose work with over drive and lock up are they still going to be the same ? I have them on switches now

So if you have a 47rh and I wanna covert it to Manuel how dose work with over drive and lock up are they still going to be the same ? I have them on switches now

Wondering the same thing. I would guess they stay on the switches but I don't know. It would be cool if a guy could go all manual and eliminate the solenoids.

Overdrive and lockup would still be on switches. I would just manually shift the normal vb in a rh if your wanting to have a ratchet shifter. Then you can still put it in 3rd and it will shift 1-2-3 when your not wanting to shift every time.

Okay thanks I was just wondering. So how did this shift kit work for you guys over just a standard ( mr.shift or standard trans go ) kit ?

Has anyone tried using this kit in a 48re? Transgo website doesn't list it as compatible, but they don't offer an alternative for the 48re. Could just throw the kit in a 47re valvebody and put it in the truck I suppose, just have to rig up a different plug for the od/lockup solenoids.

Okay thanks I was just wondering. So how did this shift kit work for you guys over just a standard ( mr.shift or standard trans go ) kit ?

I've put about 200mi on mine in the last week and love the vb. Shifts with minimal delay but I think that's is attributed to a 5.0:1 apply lever that will be getting traded for a 4.2:1 pretty soon.

I have a 47rh with a goerend manual VB, I have the tv lever tied full open and it has always had a delay on the 2-3 shift. I hit the shifter and it takes a second to shift. It shifts fine just has the delay. You can hear it in this vid, I shift to 3rd and it takes a second. Trans has a 3.8 lever btw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzCab7IHySY"]0-100 launch - YouTube[/ame]

I see some guys say they have the tv lever tied 1/8 inch from wide open, why is this? Maybe I should try this. Another weird thing is when shifting from a forward gear to neutral it takes a second.

OD and and lockup are on switches, they both have a slight delay as well, but I have heard this is normal?

Back