full manual valve body 47re/rh

I just got that same shift kit, and was curious if it shifts right as you pull the shifter. or if there is a slight delay. Like when you manually shift the stock vb at higher rpm than it wants.

As soon as I slam the shifter it gose to the next gear no matter what the rpm is

What are you guys that are driving on the street doing with the TV cable?

does it function still? I was under the impression that manual vb's were just always full pressure.

does it function still? I was under the impression that manual vb's were just always full pressure.

Not the ones I have done. If its street driven I would use a tv cable, if not then tie it open. When I tied the tv cable open on the last manual vb I did it would chirp the tires going to 2nd, not the best for a DD.

Man I really wanna do this on my DD but to nervous about screwing things up! More and more I read about this the more it sound like what I want to do.

Do y'all use this kit for the shift kit or to convert to full Manuel I no it's for both but what works better

There is a seperate kit for full manual compared to what you'd use for just a shift kit

So if you have a 47rh and I wanna covert it to Manuel how dose work with over drive and lock up are they still going to be the same ? I have them on switches now

So if you have a 47rh and I wanna covert it to Manuel how dose work with over drive and lock up are they still going to be the same ? I have them on switches now

Wondering the same thing. I would guess they stay on the switches but I don't know. It would be cool if a guy could go all manual and eliminate the solenoids.

Overdrive and lockup would still be on switches. I would just manually shift the normal vb in a rh if your wanting to have a ratchet shifter. Then you can still put it in 3rd and it will shift 1-2-3 when your not wanting to shift every time.

Okay thanks I was just wondering. So how did this shift kit work for you guys over just a standard ( mr.shift or standard trans go ) kit ?

Has anyone tried using this kit in a 48re? Transgo website doesn't list it as compatible, but they don't offer an alternative for the 48re. Could just throw the kit in a 47re valvebody and put it in the truck I suppose, just have to rig up a different plug for the od/lockup solenoids.

I'm pretty sure you can just use a 47re vb with the TFOD-3 kit. OD and Lu plugs are the same

Okay thanks I was just wondering. So how did this shift kit work for you guys over just a standard ( mr.shift or standard trans go ) kit ?

I've put about 200mi on mine in the last week and love the vb. Shifts with minimal delay but I think that's is attributed to a 5.0:1 apply lever that will be getting traded for a 4.2:1 pretty soon.

I have a 47rh with a goerend manual VB, I have the tv lever tied full open and it has always had a delay on the 2-3 shift. I hit the shifter and it takes a second to shift. It shifts fine just has the delay. You can hear it in this vid, I shift to 3rd and it takes a second. Trans has a 3.8 lever btw.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzCab7IHySY"]0-100 launch - YouTube[/ame]

I see some guys say they have the tv lever tied 1/8 inch from wide open, why is this? Maybe I should try this. Another weird thing is when shifting from a forward gear to neutral it takes a second.

OD and and lockup are on switches, they both have a slight delay as well, but I have heard this is normal?

Back