Tranny advice

duke1n

Banned
It's getting old being smoked in my 600hp row boat by 4 door grocery getters. Been looking around at how to get a slush box into the truck. I really don't want to go to the hassle of finding a wrecked 02 auto and swapping all the parts. I have talked to Clint about his stand alone controller/48re and it sounds nice except it's $$$... $12k. His old partner Don Ramer will do a stand alone controller and tranny in the $7k range. Spoke to someone at DTT who dogged the ATS setup but what would one expect I guess. Any ideas on how to get into a auto without doing a straight truck to truck swap. Do the stand alone controllers work well? Thanks

It's fine for hwy driving but around town an auto would be nice. Then I could go out to the strip and shutup all these Ford drivers haha.

So no one knows anything about these stand alone controllers eh?

Keep it up Scotty, I'm thinking about the same thing Duke1 is, rowing 6 gears to get to 45mph sucks LOL LOL Also with a good DD clutch pushing 2K the money is starting to talk a little as well.

Have you priced Donor parts Mike? I'd think that they could be found fairly easily.

Billysgoat said:
Keep it up Scotty, I'm thinking about the same thing Duke1 is, rowing 6 gears to get to 45mph sucks LOL LOL Also with a good DD clutch pushing 2K the money is starting to talk a little as well.

Well, check into building a chrysler automatic trans to hold your power and let me know how that price grabs you, Billy..;) Oh yeah, get a price on a good converter while you're at it too.....Then, since you drive like the village people on the way to a sausage factory, along with towing quite often, budget in a new set of clutches too.
If you don't want to shift 6 gears to get to 45mph, get yourself a set of 2.72 gears for your truck...That will eliminate some of your shifting..LOL

partsguy662 said:
Well, check into building a chrysler automatic trans to hold your power and let me know how that price grabs you, Billy..;) Oh yeah, get a price on a good converter while you're at it too.....Then, since you drive like the village people on the way to a sausage factory, along with towing quite often, budget in a new set of clutches too.
If you don't want to shift 6 gears to get to 45mph, get yourself a set of 2.72 gears for your truck...That will eliminate some of your shifting..LOL

A full built Suncoast is about 7k or so, then another 1-2K for the conversion and I know what kind of warranty Joe Webb gives and how his trannies survive.

Don,t overlook Dave Goerend @ Goerend Bros. Transmissions. Dave builds a very nice trans at an reasonable price along with the best warranty in the business.

Back