Tranny advice

duke1n

Banned
It's getting old being smoked in my 600hp row boat by 4 door grocery getters. Been looking around at how to get a slush box into the truck. I really don't want to go to the hassle of finding a wrecked 02 auto and swapping all the parts. I have talked to Clint about his stand alone controller/48re and it sounds nice except it's $$$... $12k. His old partner Don Ramer will do a stand alone controller and tranny in the $7k range. Spoke to someone at DTT who dogged the ATS setup but what would one expect I guess. Any ideas on how to get into a auto without doing a straight truck to truck swap. Do the stand alone controllers work well? Thanks

Come on man....You gotta stay with the handshaker....There aren't many like us anymore...:(

It's fine for hwy driving but around town an auto would be nice. Then I could go out to the strip and shutup all these Ford drivers haha.

So no one knows anything about these stand alone controllers eh?

I know about them, but I refuse to tell you

LONG LIVE TRUCKS WITH 3 PEDALS!! :D

Keep it up Scotty, I'm thinking about the same thing Duke1 is, rowing 6 gears to get to 45mph sucks LOL LOL Also with a good DD clutch pushing 2K the money is starting to talk a little as well.

Have you priced Donor parts Mike? I'd think that they could be found fairly easily.

Billysgoat said:
Keep it up Scotty, I'm thinking about the same thing Duke1 is, rowing 6 gears to get to 45mph sucks LOL LOL Also with a good DD clutch pushing 2K the money is starting to talk a little as well.

Well, check into building a chrysler automatic trans to hold your power and let me know how that price grabs you, Billy..;) Oh yeah, get a price on a good converter while you're at it too.....Then, since you drive like the village people on the way to a sausage factory, along with towing quite often, budget in a new set of clutches too.
If you don't want to shift 6 gears to get to 45mph, get yourself a set of 2.72 gears for your truck...That will eliminate some of your shifting..LOL

partsguy662 said:
Well, check into building a chrysler automatic trans to hold your power and let me know how that price grabs you, Billy..;) Oh yeah, get a price on a good converter while you're at it too.....Then, since you drive like the village people on the way to a sausage factory, along with towing quite often, budget in a new set of clutches too.
If you don't want to shift 6 gears to get to 45mph, get yourself a set of 2.72 gears for your truck...That will eliminate some of your shifting..LOL

A full built Suncoast is about 7k or so, then another 1-2K for the conversion and I know what kind of warranty Joe Webb gives and how his trannies survive.

Don,t overlook Dave Goerend @ Goerend Bros. Transmissions. Dave builds a very nice trans at an reasonable price along with the best warranty in the business.

Back