Let's talk about torque converters

I run a 2100 stall, ran with my 71mm single than with my 69mm single. Pretty slushy round town unlocked, but spooled smoothly. We ran a 468 on an 05 CR with an 1800 stall and liked the all around personality of the truck with that converter.

I've always thought a TC that went through 2 stage of lockup would be nice. Have it start out loose, then go to a tighter stage as soon as it gets up to around 1800-2000 rpm, then be able to lock it from there. Triple disc, 2 stage converter.

I've always thought a TC that went through 2 stage of lockup would be nice. Have it start out loose, then go to a tighter stage as soon as it gets up to around 1800-2000 rpm, then be able to lock it from there. Triple disc, 2 stage converter.

That would be the cats ass.

Looks like I'm going to make some phone calls to some converter manufacturers and through some ideas back and forth.

I have run a DPC 4 disk from Phil, at around 2200 stall and I really liked it on the street with my 466/87/.90. I never had trouble building boost either, DPC FTW.

Ashley recommended the 1700SS converter with the transmission I just got from him for a 6.7 with manual VB 48re running a GT4202.

Still going to be a while before it's up and running though

Finally got home from working in Kansas talked with Phil at DPC while I was out there looks like I will be going with a 4disc converter from DPC. Looking forward to seeing how it performs, pulling the trans today so it will be ready for spring.

I ran a 1600 stall in my 727 in the 89, and gained like 6psi of boost over stock, which was like 2400. Even with a 62mm, that tight of a stall was a little sluggish, but it made power.

On my 95 I have about a 1800-2000 stall, and I like it. Spooled everything up to an Aurora 5K (71mm).

Back