P-pump 6.7 cr?

Im running 12v rods shot peened and balanced with no probs, runs 4000+ most every time down the track. as for the injectors why cant you have some 03-04 tips work.
don made mine using slightly modified 03-04 tips. dont know why the same thing couldnt be done on a vp injector.

That may not include the front cover. The price i payed was in the middle for both pieces and about $75 for the anodize.

I already have a billet front cover. I'm planning on running a VP head on my 6.7L, so I can run the cheaper VP injection lines and injectors. I'm building my engine as cheap as I can. Even $1400 for a gearbox housing still seems expensive.

Might just throw the 6.7L crank into a 5.9L block, just to save a few bucks. I'm not planning on racing this engine, just pulling trailers.:Cheer:

0.20 over 6.7L pistons stock, with ceramic coating. I have one bad cylinder and I need to get the engine over bored to 20 over.

Ya I forgot about the piston pin height when I first thought of that idea threw my head this evening. Probably just easier to use one of my 6.7L engines that I have. Just want a decent engine for the old truck, and want something different, the 5.9L has been done to death. No way I want to run a CR engine in the truck, those things are too fragile and I want a P7100 anyways

Thanks for all you help. Been a long day at work, long few weeks.

As nice as the new truck is to drive, sure miss driving the old truck.

you mentioned its just going to pull trailers-why dont you just leave it a cr and rebuid it stock then??? I dont think they are fragile at all till you run stacked programmers!

Nan, those CR melt to often and have to many injector failures for me. Also the injectors are too expensive. I would also have to get a ECM from destroked. I don't have a complete 6.7L wiring harness, could get that from painless, but then I need an ECM. Way to complex for me, prefer the P7100 route.

What harmonic balancer you guys running on the 6.7L P7100 builds? Would the 24VP ATI or a fluid dampner fit onto the 6.7L crank, I think so, but haven't checked yet? Probably will get the crank balanced up for the engine for the new rotating mass that I'm using.

My two 6.7L engine are incomplete, no fuel rails, only one has a CP on it, no 6.7L ecm's, no 6.7L injectors, no wiring harness.

Have lots of 12V and 24VP stuff, so why not go that route. My 02 has very limited electronics on it now, and the P7100 is just easier.

Nan, those CR melt to often and have to many injector failures for me. Also the injectors are too expensive. I would also have to get a ECM from destroked. I don't have a complete 6.7L wiring harness, could get that from painless, but then I need an ECM. Way to complex for me, prefer the P7100 route.

What harmonic balancer you guys running on the 6.7L P7100 builds? Would the 24VP ATI or a fluid dampner fit onto the 6.7L crank, I think so, but haven't checked yet? Probably will get the crank balanced up for the engine for the new rotating mass that I'm using.

My two 6.7L engine are incomplete, no fuel rails, only one has a CP on it, no 6.7L ecm's, no 6.7L injectors, no wiring harness.

Have lots of 12V and 24VP stuff, so why not go that route. My 02 has very limited electronics on it now, and the P7100 is just easier.

I guess I am not seeing the gain of the trouble to put a 6.7 in it, especially when a 5.9 would do the trick. Sell the 6.7's put that money into porting and cam on the 5.9 and be done with it.

What exactly needs to be done to the oil pump to make it fit. I'm using cummins part number 4939587(24v oil pump).

What engine motor mounts you guys using to run a 6.7L in a 02 truck? I'm hoping that the stock 3rd gen mounts will let me bolt in without requiring me to build custom motor mounts.

I've gave try with a CR block with 2nd gen engine mounts, and it doesn't fit. Ron, we figured out how to get the stock 12v gearbox on the 6.7L, oil pump we just pressed off the gears and put on VP gears.

Shop sent me a new 24V oil pump and the 6.7 pump. The diameters where they slid inside are the same. The 24V pump sits about .030 higher due to the thicker cap over the rotor(the one with 2 little screws holding it on). I think you guys are pulling my leg.

Ya you caught me:bs:, I was inform yesterday that was a CR 5.9L engine not a CR 6.7L, have to many projects on the go here. Been jumping back and forth as the parts trickle in. The 5.9L CR isn't to bad of a conversion and you can use the stock 12V gearbox housing, with just a few tweaks

Back