Monster Pump Mike Torque Converter

FlyingHighRacin

Well I just found out today that Monster Pump Mike has finished his torque converter. It is a very nice design I would have to say and the flex plate is intergrated into the converter. It is also completely rebuildable and it can be set at any stall desired. One of my friends got to ride in an 01 dually which had the first converter Mike made installed and he was very impressed oh how well it locked up and pulled. I will try to go for a spin in the dually and also maybe get some pics. Ill probably be throwing one in my truck this winter:rockwoot:

I believe they will be $1700 but thats with his intergrated flex plate.
I live about 15mins away from Mike and I was just contacted by my mechanic yesterday because he is wanting to put one in my truck. I have also been out to Mike's shop and saw the set-up first hand before it was completely finished. Very nice stout set-up and its awesome that they stall can be adjusted at anytime. Well I should say you have to drop the tranny and TC and then adjust it. Its not a set stall though. Shoot me a pm if you're interested and I can probably get ya set up:rockwoot:

Adjustable stall? That would be awesome if it really works out good.

How adjustable is it? A lot adjustable? Or just a little bit?

Eric

Adjustable stall? That would be awesome if it really works out good.

How adjustable is it? A lot adjustable? Or just a little bit?

Eric

Let me talk to Mike to get the real info and then Ill get back on how adjustable it is.
I do know for sure that the stall is adjustable but Ill get more info for yall

would this be a bolt together converter? so you could change out the stator and replace the clutches without sending it off? That would be sweet!

Lavon

Thanks, it sounds like an awesome idea. Its obviously some work to pull the tranny to change it, but there is no shipping cost, and might make it much easier to fine tune to your truck.

Eric

would this be a bolt together converter? so you could change out the stator and replace the clutches without sending it off? That would be sweet!

Lavon

I believe so. When I talked to my mechanic he told me that if you burnt up the lock clutch you could just swap it out with a new one. More info to come:rockwoot:

man, that would be awesome! and thats not too bad of a price if it really can be adjusted like that.

Well I talked to Mike today and the stator can be swapped out anytime. The same goes for the clutches. I also got to see the internals of his converter and I can say first hand everything is extremely heavy duty. Mike actually had a factory tc there to comapre parts. I will definitly be buying one of these converters.
Mike also said that if anyone is interested to send them his way

So its a bolt together unit? Does it use standard internals like othe triple discs use, stator and clutches? Or custom stuff.

The internals are custom made and the stators are from sonax I believe. It is a single clutch set-up but its a huge carbon kevlar clutch. Twice as big as the one in my aftermarket TC. This is a very nice unit.

Back