Looking for some advice on a 2wd puller.

Oh and should i get a one piece drive shaft or, should i just upgrade my 2 piece drive shaft. I may go see if the drive line shop will sponsor the truck.

That's what I did... I talked to several orgs and pullers and most didn't mind the 2ton rear as long as I kept the rest one ton. Also go with the one piece drive shaft. Been there broke stuff lol

Will my rearend handle a couple pulls? Only 2 maybe as much as 4 around here I would think about doing this summer to get a feel for it.

Will my rearend handle a couple pulls? Only 2 maybe as much as 4 around here I would think about doing this summer to get a feel for it.

depend on the track and the amount of traction and power you are able to put to the ground and if the truck bounces.
Shaun I would recomend a 1 peice shaft.
Dale

Last edited:
I emailed them, and they said that right now the biggest is a dana 80, but they gave me the phone # for the class spokesman, so i'll give him a call sometime. maybe he can ask the other pullers if they would mind. They said that there haven't been any 2wd's built for the class.

I emailed them, and they said that right now the biggest is a dana 80, but they gave me the phone # for the class spokesman, so i'll give him a call sometime. maybe he can ask the other pullers if they would mind. They said that there haven't been any 2wd's built for the class.

There very few actual Purposely built 2wd Diesels out there. I only know of 2..lol Counting mine. So the idea is still new and being explored as we speak.

If a fella was to run across one id also look into an AAM rear end from a 3rd gen dodge. they seem to hold up really well.

I think i will just get the 2 ton rear end. I can just pull expedition if they won't let me participate in the class. It'll at least get me some experience with the sled. What trucks are 2 tons? F650 and similar sized? or bigger?

road tractors and dumptrucks.Lynn has a GM rear I think out of a bigger truck I don't remember what it came out of.

Dale

Alright Thanks, So i should just look at the axles at the local semi junkyard, and look for one with a tag that says SQHR?

:bang:bang:bang hit the wrong key. where would i find it. is there a tag on the diff cover like on the dana 80's?

Back