Ag Gov Pump on the Street?

Cummins12Club

Happy Dinosaur
Some say it cant be done, some say it can. The people I have found that make these claims have never actually tried it. I'm looking for feedback on someone who has actually drove an gov pump truck on the street. Maybe we can take it one step further and see if any one has done it with a supper loose converter automatic?

I will say mine sucks just to drive around the pits. No way I would want to try it on the street. It has very bad manors! Anything is doable if you can stand it. I wouldn't want to drive it everyday

I will say mine sucks just to drive around the pits. No way I would want to try it on the street. It has very bad manors! Anything is doable if you can stand it. I wouldn't want to drive it everyday

You are also running a very high pressure plate clutch, I feel like a lossey goosey converter would help a lot. Nothing anywhere near a dailey driver, just a truck id like to drive every once in a nice while.

You are also running a very high pressure plate clutch, I feel like a lossey goosey converter would help a lot. Nothing anywhere near a dailey driver, just a truck id like to drive every once in a nice while.

Even after im out on the clutch and its just driving on the pump its a beotch. The gov is very erratic to say the least. The pump never idles or runs smooth. Now with a lot of tuning by a pump shop it maybe reduced but the way it is now there is no way I would even attempt to put it on the street

Even after im out on the clutch and its just driving on the pump its a beotch. The gov is very erratic to say the least. The pump never idles or runs smooth. Now with a lot of tuning by a pump shop it maybe reduced but the way it is now there is no way I would even attempt to put it on the street

It is a Scheid 14mm p3000. I guess ill just have to try it when I get it together and see how terrible it is.

Sounds like your governors are built for rpm limited class ? If there is no rpm limit then every governor can be built for street, rqv or rsv.

Why in the world would you want or need that pump on a street truck

It is a pro street drag truck, just wanting to be able to use the street part of the class title if possible. Its way cooler to see an actual pro street truck make a 20 mile or so trip on the street.

Sounds like your governors are built for rpm limited class ? If there is no rpm limit then every governor can be built for street, rqv or rsv.

Not rpm limited. Should fuel well beyond any rpm I will ever be turning. Dan told me he saw no reason it wouldn't be streetable other then a very stiff throttle. Most others though say the governor weights are just to light to keep fueling under control for normal driving conditions.

It is a pro street drag truck, just wanting to be able to use the street part of the class title if possible. Its way cooler to see an actual pro street truck make a 20 mile or so trip on the street.

Like Bruce Block?

Would be fun to see a 1st Gen be street able.

What did ag gov Ppump actually come on, if they're so unable to maintain idle or steady rpm?

now im here to learn to, so just thinking out loud but i think the ag govs arent able to steady idle but they can steady rpm, If i remember right, I think thats what they're supposed to do, maintain a steady constant rpm (like a tractor plowing a field all day) and that is why they're not street-able, because they dont like to constantly change rpm's like trucks do

now im here to learn to, so just thinking out loud but i think the ag govs arent able to steady idle but they can steady rpm, If i remember right, I think thats what they're supposed to do, maintain a steady constant rpm (like a tractor plowing a field all day) and that is why they're not street-able, because they dont like to constantly change rpm's like trucks do

That's what I was thinking. But tractors can idle and slip a clutch all day long. I suppose they aren't maxed out pumps on a tractor either. I suppose I just answered my own question.

90% of the time someone had a truck that's a biatch to drive due to touchy governor, it ends up being mostly throttle linkage issues.

Back