New 6.70/5.90 drag truck build.

Ship that puppy to me and I can sell it for you in a heartbeat. Have a lot of kids around here with daddy's money wanting to stunt for the gram LOL

In all seriousness I have learned its a lot easier to sell as "stock" than modified.

I could use some of the parts on my new truck as well... I am over the grandpa look already. And I’d like a little more power out of it. Right now it’s just a time thing, I’d have to spend the time removing and replacing everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Still waiting on the block and head... I am slowly getting things done though.

1abc530119cfcf4f49ee7057b8101282.jpg

Last edited:
Got my head back last weekend, now I can start porting the intake side. The block should be ready this week, so I hope to get the engine assembled and drive train put in next week. Then I can assemble the truck and get a weight so I can order coilovers!

Wiring is going well so far, I have started on the standalone harness, I just want the engine in the truck so I can route everything and get the right length on all the wires.

9a00ecb971561f04fb3ff803c1927a17.jpg

8a38bd9efbb16cb739634f83bf40de8a.jpg

e662957960f2b3c07a4da31881322372.jpg

Mounted the Air Dogs, welded in a ground stud, and started cleaning things up a little. I am picking up the block today so I can start assembly.

Last night I dropped the longblock in the 03, and tomorrow I am trading my mega cab for a trans, tcase, etc to put the 03 back to stock. I hope to have the longblock assembled and drop the drivetrain in the drag truck next week.

1ae0f0f3db389c87055628f345e7de3b.jpg

56d95f879b73eef62b85e5519ae540e3.jpg

Wow, that thing is turning out very clean! I hope I have the chance to see this truck in person at some point.

Right now my plans are to make it out to the following ODSS races. Travel is pretty rough along with maintaining the race truck, tow rig, and trailer its about $6000 to make it to those 4 races next season.

Suncoast Spring Shakedown March 13th

Firepunk Outlaw Revenge June 5th

Scheid Desel Extravaganza Aug 28th

Hardway Sunshine Showdown

Holidays are over and I got 10 weeks to get a 6.70 truck to Florida. It is officially crunch time.

I got the new engine, trans, and tcase in the 03. Just need some driveshafts and few other odds and ends and it will be ready to run. The new engine is also in the drag truck, I finished porting the head last night, so tonight I will put the valves back in it and start to finish installing everything.

a16eb826f1c752ad565a8ab04065c553.jpg

259d021f7393e06a0ca98e3a7f9a8c7f.jpg

I highly suggest using floating grounds on the truck. Everything gets a specific ground to a ground terminal. It will really help the electrical system.

Made a little more progress last night, got the head finished up and torqued down and installed the injectors and valve train.

fd73316306092e8e6b70074821771f44.jpg

I highly suggest using floating grounds on the truck. Everything gets a specific ground to a ground terminal. It will really help the electrical system.

Take a look at post #187, last pic in that post. I used distribution blocks for my "key on power" and grounds on just my Anteater, ECM, PPE dual pump controller, and nitrous relay in an effort to give them the cleanest ground signal I could. Is that what you mean?

I plan on running the grounds for the higher amp stuff (fuel pumps, trans cooler fans, and rad fans) directly from the battery. I know I had issues with my radiator fans freaking the ECM out when they would run, it would make the truck idle weird.

I have a 4/0 ground from the battery to the block, and 8ga from the battery to the distribution block. Same with the power cables, 4/0 from the battery to the starter, and 8ga from the battery to the ARC distribution box.

Take a look at post #187, last pic in that post. I used distribution blocks for my "key on power" and grounds on just my Anteater, ECM, PPE dual pump controller, and nitrous relay in an effort to give them the cleanest ground signal I could. Is that what you mean?

I plan on running the grounds for the higher amp stuff (fuel pumps, trans cooler fans, and rad fans) directly from the battery. I know I had issues with my radiator fans freaking the ECM out when they would run, it would make the truck idle weird.

I have a 4/0 ground from the battery to the block, and 8ga from the battery to the distribution block. Same with the power cables, 4/0 from the battery to the starter, and 8ga from the battery to the ARC distribution box.

Yes, that is what I mean(Tapatalk pictures don’t show up right).
Running everything to dedicated grounds makes the truck so much happier from what we have seen. Also way easier to diag problems if they are to start become a issue.

Mounted the radiator and intercooler this weekend, I’m not 100% happy with it, I may end up changing it now... or just change it all later. I could lose a decent amount of weight off the front of the truck by ditching the factory radiator/flexalite fans and minimizing the pulley and belt routing. I plan on going to an aluminum radiator with Firepunks AN hose conversion and an electric water pump. It’s just easy to get carried away with upgrades, I have to remember I can come back and change things. I just hate spending money on the same parts twice.

86b11a32fd11c1bd8b2d7e0ad4d9d983.jpg

57dd53e1c5ca07b218784240dd1eaef5.jpg

Yes, that is what I mean(Tapatalk pictures don’t show up right).
Running everything to dedicated grounds makes the truck so much happier from what we have seen. Also way easier to diag problems if they are to start become a issue.

Agreed, I tried to put as much thought into it as possible. I will come find you at the track if I can get this thing going in time.

Is there anyway you have space to put the radiator in the bed area? Im curious as to how well balanced the weight is of this truck. Other than that thought the truck keeps looking better and better!

Back