Gentlemen, I need some 12 valve wisdom

Mine is a single wheel and it won't break the tires loose on dry pavement in 3rd with compounds and 597hp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok guys. This morning I pressure tested the boots and intercooler. No real surprise there. Some small leaks but nothing earth shaking. I know that all leaks matter but there was no real difference after we fixed them. So we moved on to plan b. We swapped over to my brother freshly rebuilt (and benched) pump today. It seems to move through the low rpm faster but the mid to top is still not great. I will say that his pump pulled much harder than mine did so my pump will be going to Seth soon to get worked over. I feel that today was a slight victory because we determined that my pump was defiantly hurting the low rpm power and responsiveness. We also checked out the waste gate and sett it to open a little higher.

But, even after saying that it is running better, I have to tell you all that it is still not even chirping the tires a little. Nothing. not in 2nd, 3rd, 4th... The full set of my bald testing tire are on it so, Fellow Dually owners, CAN YOU SLIP YOUR TIRES? Because I cannot. At About how many HP do duallys start to have traction issue on dry pavement, at 500ft above sea level, with bald tires, on a 75 degree day?

Now that the truck is not so sluggish down low, I am thinking that it really might be a good time to get a nice set of DV for this pump to see if it changes up top.

With this new pump (my brother's), it really feels like it would take off if it just had more fuel through the mid and top range. I could only manage like 35 psi in 3rd before I had to shift and lost it all.

The only things we haven't swapped out yet is the dv and we are still using the super b special. I am half tempted to just slap the compounds on there and see if that changes anything.

I have a 2wd single cab dually. Single s464 turbo hitting 55psi doesn't break them loose. Granted I have 2 leafs and home made cal tracs for some grip. Nothing extraordinary in the tire department though given I am running some load range E all terrains aired to 40 psi. If i boost up to 10 psi and launch itll blow them off but nothing in the "rolling burnout" department.

Won't know until you find out. My first post... try another charger!! 71mm turbine sucks stripper titti€ on a 12 valve.

They work perfectly fine and make good power. Just don't expect it to light up fast off the bottom. Which brings me to my next point: Don't expect to spin the tires, especially with a manual trans. Usually with mid size to bigger chargers you're rolling at a decent speed before the charger lights, and shortly there after you have to shift into the next gear and you lose all that boost and have to respool the charger again in the next gear. My dads 07 with a smarty jr and stock turbo will spin the tires off the line if you punch it, just because it lights up so fast off the bottom. My 06 with more power will slip the tires somewhat through 2-3 but it's not nearly as violent because the boost comes on more gradually, and the truck is already rolling at a decent speed when it lights.

I still stand by my earlier comment of more boost and fuel. If at 55 psi and 1600* at the end of the quarter you aren't satified, go to twins.

71 turbine is a great exducer on a 12v. I ran a 64/71.80 on a 94 and pulled 643hp ran 11.50s. Lights fast if you tune it right. Take your time make notes and dive in.

Back