Fill in the blank: My G56 broke in _____ gear

3rd and 4th never pulled it apart put another transmission in and went now got a guy wanting to trade his 5600 for my g56 cause he likes the shift pattern more

I popped 4th gear in mine, turned the internals to complete junk.. the list of what wasnt broken was a lot shorter. Missed the 3-4 shift and let clutch out too soon... went bang.

I took teeth off of 6th gear and 4th gear both in my G56. Waiting for money to rebuild. I bought a good core G56 that has good gears, but it spun the input bearing in the case.

--Eric

3rd and 4th never pulled it apart put another transmission in and went now got a guy wanting to trade his 5600 for my g56 cause he likes the shift pattern more

I would definitely say you will get the better end of the deal if you take him on it!

My Reverse gear is still broken. I'm waiting to get back from deployment to get it fixed. From what people have told me the shift fork for reverse is weak and is either bent or broken and needs to be re-welded correctly.

Ive seen 3rd break on 4wd boosted launch,900 hp truck, and got one at the shop right now that has snapped the input shaft "2nd time in 6 months" and destroyed the main shaft in the process. 30 mph roll, 777 hp truck in 2wd

Last edited:
2nd gear in 2 different G56's 2nd gear and countershaft in both, front case in the first one, broke out where the front bearing race sits. I have a good front case and a complete working trans with broken bell housing I plan to make a good trans out of the 2 someday unless someone wants all my parts for like $1500

Mine broke in 6th gear, pulled drain plug and teeth fell into the drain pan. Going to take it apart this weekend to see what the damage is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last fall i broke 3rd luanching in 4wd, Bought reman from Higear, Did a full Lazersmith deal, case mod, touq shield, treated gears, and lube. Been pulling all year getting 1st through 4th place., running 4th 4 low on 35"s locker and hanging weight. Just dynoed 760 a few weeks ago and today driving to my shop i was burning tires in 3 rd shifted into 4 th rolled into it "didn't power shift" started to spin and shucked 4th gear no teeth on main and a few left on counter shaft. Have know idea what i'm going to do now. Heard from several people that all the nv parts are from over seas and are pretty much junk.

Got the trans tore apart found 6th gear missing 3 teeth. Pulled gears and found 6th cracked where the teeth are missing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347472387.551487.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1347472404.366685.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back