EFILive FIRST Cummins Public Release

Using the data logger. Most EFI tuning is done via remote. Guys like Rob in Idaho tune trucks all over the nation just by the logs that get emailed to them. The control is going to be unreal. I can't wait to adjust fuel according to MAP. A single charger at altitiude will be driveable! Not that we don't already. LOL

Using the data logger. Most EFI tuning is done via remote. Guys like Rob in Idaho tune trucks all over the nation just by the logs that get emailed to them. The control is going to be unreal. I can't wait to adjust fuel according to MAP. A single charger at altitiude will be driveable! Not that we don't already. LOL

A large single charger? :woohoo: I am getting pretty amped up to see the real world drivability benefits and power benefits with EFI! Dumb question, but are you running a decent sized single up here as well?

A large single charger? :woohoo: I am getting pretty amped up to see the real world drivability benefits and power benefits with EFI! Dumb question, but are you running a decent sized single up here as well?

Just a little 66/74/14 since I still tow and DD it. I can't decided if I want to hang a GT55 under it, or just spray it. With some head work and a cam she spools pretty quick, it's just annoyingly smokey when it gets hot in the summer. These new injectors smoke worse than my old 180s. Ugh.

Just a little 66/74/14 since I still tow and DD it. I can't decided if I want to hang a GT55 under it, or just spray it. With some head work and a cam she spools pretty quick, it's just annoyingly smokey when it gets hot in the summer. These new injectors smoke worse than my old 180s. Ugh.

A little 66 huh...? LOL With that Garrett under there, you'd have a pretty bad combo man! I understand about the smoke and sometimes it just gets annoying. You go with some 200+ sticks?

EFI sould make things a whole lot better bud and I cant wait to see how you get your truck dialed in!

Yep, I am going to have to get a CR Cummins now! This is to awesome not to be a part off!!:woohoo:.

My check book just ran away...but ill track the little bastard down soon enoughLOL.

Awesome news :).

Great news! Have a truck outside right now waiting for it. Give me 2 weeks and it'll be making 1200hp!

Ordering now...

Take it easy there Jeremy.... No breaking my truck... I thought we were only going for 950... You know what just do it. Run her till she blows then we'll build her bigger! lol

To all the guys who have a video camera - as soon as you get your trucks tuned make a vid I'd love to see the difference you guys are getting as far as smoke and driveability goes (especially the high horsepower trucks)

To all the guys who have a video camera - as soon as you get your trucks tuned make a vid I'd love to see the difference you guys are getting as far as smoke and driveability goes (especially the high horsepower trucks)

X2

Waiting to see what breaks first. LOL

Oh thats your channel, always wondered with all the NorCal truck event vids. Cool.

What about post event?

You cant hear the post disabled....but i now DD with post gone all the time and pilot gone over certain conditions.

~Les

You cant hear the post disabled....but i now DD with post gone all the time and pilot gone over certain conditions.

~Les

Thanks for the info:Cheer:. The less injection events per cycle the easier on the injectors right? Post was just for emissions correct?

In what conditions are pilot gone? I do NOT at all expect you to give away all of your knowledge gained from your personal testing, but if you care to share that would be cool.

I think I remember you saying the engine wasnt happy with pilot gone when it was cold. Im curious what you consider cold? Ambient temp. wise. Like cold= engine hasnt been run in 12 hrs in 70* ambient temps. or like cold= engine hasnt been run in 12 hrs in 20* ambient temps. or like cold= engine not at operating temp with 70*+ ambient temps.

Again, if you dont want to share I understand.

Thanks for the info:Cheer:. The less injection events per cycle the easier on the injectors right? Post was just for emissions correct?

In my theory..the less often the injectors open, the less wear on the pintle and ball/seat.

In what conditions are pilot gone? I do NOT at all expect you to give away all of your knowledge gained from your personal testing, but if you care to share that would be cool.

My pilot goes away above 2400rpm's and 85mm3

I think I remember you saying the engine wasnt happy with pilot gone when it was cold. Im curious what you consider cold? Ambient temp. wise. Like cold= engine hasnt been run in 12 hrs in 70* ambient temps. or like cold= engine hasnt been run in 12 hrs in 20* ambient temps. or like cold= engine not at operating temp with 70*+ ambient temps.

Cold as in first fire of the day...I loaded my pilot off tune at night, went to bed, got up for work, went out and fired her up (ambient was 55*) and she fired up but white smoke, missing and generally unhappy.

Again, if you dont want to share I understand.

I dont mind helping people out with minor things like this...its what were all here for...helping people

~Les

Just loaded a no pilot file in melissa's o6. I added about 5 degrees timing at idle and less than 30mm3 to get it to idle correctly. it runs fine as long as you go slowly up through the rpms, but if you blip the throttle it misses and puffs white smoke at first. Timing is going to be hard to get right if you are running a single event .

I dont mind helping people out with minor things like this...its what were all here for...helping people

~Les

Sweet! Thanks for the info man:Cheer:.

I wonder why a CR cant start smooth without pilot, but a good ole mechanical 12-valve can start cold in 20* weather and run fairly smooth after a few (10-15) seconds...hmm.. Then a CR with pilot starts a lot quicker and easier than a 12-valve cold. I dont mean to derail this thread, just thinking out loud (trying to get the stupid out of my head if you willLOL).

At any rate im hoping to get into a 06+ CR by the end of this summer or fall. Just trying to learn, thanks again :).

Back