Anyone got a 4" or 5" used muffler or resonator?

the popular "auger" mufflers don't use actual auger flighting... it's far more crude (effective, but crude)

been a while since I priced the stuff, but it wasn't worth it to me

Well then WTF is the stuff?

lg_resonator_1.jpg

I did the 'contact form' on RFS' site...but as usual, I'll end up calling them like most websites. No one ever watches anything. I guess the wall thickness of 5 OD pipe to be around .065.

So about 4.87 inside is my guess.

They have lots of options for 5" diameter, but the next size down that would fit in a 5 od pipe would be 4 3/4, tight pitch, $7.71 a foot, min of 5 ft, so $38.55 plus $20 shipping. I'd have around 60 bucks in it and would still need to buy the inner tube and weld it up. But I could make it as long as I could and really quiet this loud SOB down. I might try it. I wish I could find some 5" ID pipe. LOL Dayum details.

What about a 5" hushpower for $50 plus shipping? or a 5" aeroturbine for $75 plus shipping?

Which of those do you like better Forrest?

Hijack, but also interested. My truck went from fun to annoying in about a month, I need to quiet it down.

I removed an aeroturbine for the fte auger style. Drastically quieter with the fte. No more drone. Nice deep mellow tone now
The fte has a pipe straight through the center of the auger spirals. Didnt measure it but looked to be about 1.5" in diameter.

Last edited:
I removed an aeroturbine for the fte auger style. Drastically quieter with the fte. No more drone. Nice deep mellow tone now
The fte has a pipe straight through the center of the auger spirals. Didnt measure it but looked to be about 1.5" in diameter.

what size fte did you buy the 17 or the 30?

I have the 30" FTE on my truck along with a hushpower. The FTE took the place of an aeroturbine. The FTE works SOOOO well, you won't regret it.

I put a 17" model on my excursion, it killed all of the drone. This was to replace the mbrp muffler (4" exhaust sys).

I installed a 30" model on my 03 6.7 cclb and it is really quiet in the cab. I wish it had the 17" model and the excursion had the 30" model. Exhaust noise is more noticable in the excursion with the full length cab.

Going to pull the trigger on a 30" FTE this morning. Too many great experiences from everyone I've talked to about them.

Right now at WOT the meter says 100db in the center of the cab above the console. I'll see what the FTE does when I get it in.

Thanks for all the posts and info, guys. :D

PS. 30" is the MAX length I can fit under my truck. That is putting the FTE on the end of the dp. The other end turns to flex and starts going up to my stack. My stack crosses over the frame under the truck, not in the bed. I can't wait to put it on.

Last edited:
I got my FTE ordered.

Those looking for parts feel free to PM those offering them in this thread and buy them. :D

Back