Anyone got a 4" or 5" used muffler or resonator?

Sounds good thanks Jory.

Have you had someone else drive your truck yet so you can hear it under power? Wondering how much it actually quiets it down outside the truck?

Ive got several broke down 6'' augers that im gonna take advantage of hehe :) (6'' on the farm these days is TINY new auger is 10'')

so now that you have had it on the truck for a bit whats your thoughts...

Love it. It is still loud outside the truck...but most of that is engine noise. However, you can now lean on the fenders or tailgate and actually hold a conversation with someone. I think if you want really quiet....put a actual "muffler" after it....but I don't have room. Mine comes out and turns up too quick as I'm crossing over the frame rail under the truck and not in the bed to the front corner. But I don't think any more muffling would do any good because the valve train and engine noise on this 2002 is horrendous. I think a better investment would be $2000 worth of dyna mat. :D This is a resonator...it does quiet it down...but the resonance is G.O.N.E. at all RPM's. If you want completely quiet, buy a muffler. As for this dude..it works.

Does auger flighting have the hollow core like the resonators have?

It depends on what you weld in the center. If you buy the flighting, it won't have anything in there. Insert your own tube or pipe. If you take a grain auger apart, you could cut the welds and insert a hollow tube.

Last edited:
Ive got several broke down 6'' augers that im gonna take advantage of hehe :) (6'' on the farm these days is TINY new auger is 10'')

we have already been there and the 6" stuff will not get you the results that the 5" does. I'm sure it will work some, but the combination we have is pretty much spot on for engines with approx 6 cubes

And 5" junk is to big IMO anyway, at least if using flex. 5" flex isn't flexible to me. LOL

My next truck will be 4" back to a pair of 3"ers to dual stacks. :D Screw this big schidtt. It is a PITA.

Love it. It is still loud outside the truck...but most of that is engine noise. However, you can now lean on the fenders or tailgate and actually hold a conversation with someone. I think if you want really quiet....put a actual "muffler" after it....but I don't have room. Mine comes out and turns up too quick as I'm crossing over the frame rail under the truck and not in the bed to the front corner. But I don't think any more muffling would do any good because the valve train and engine noise on this 2002 is horrendous. I think a better investment would be $2000 worth of dyna mat. :D This is a resonator...it does quiet it down...but the resonance is G.O.N.E. at all RPM's. If you want completely quiet, buy a muffler. As for this dude..it works.

It depends on what you weld in the center. If you buy the flighting, it won't have anything in there. Insert your own tube or pipe. If you take a grain auger apart, you could cut the welds and insert a hollow tube.

This product is for CAB noise control..... and it works pretty good everywhere we have put it to date.

Appreciate all the feedback you have posted, keep in mind you have a very unique set up for single stack which in my opinion is one of the toughest applications to calm down. I am glad you found the product to be worth the price, we believe the Value is there !!

Basic image of my setup for those who want to know.

StackISOView.jpg

4" downpipe to adapter, to 5" FTE, to 5" all the way out.

Just got this question from several members in the PM Box:

Have you noticed any power loss at all with the res/muffler?
several customers have noticed both power and slight mpg gains, in fact we have also.... but due to the fact that we do not have the product third party tested we will not sell the product on these claims.

We can tell you and owners of the product will confirm that there is virtually no EGT gain with the unit in place. when compared to something similar to Areoturbine we create less back pressure.

Just got this question from several members in the PM Box:

several customers have noticed both power and slight mpg gains, in fact we have also.... but due to the fact that we do not have the product third party tested we will not sell the product on these claims.

We can tell you and owners of the product will confirm that there is virtually no EGT gain with the unit in place. when compared to something similar to Areoturbine we create less back pressure.

Haha

Is that over stock muffler or straight pipe?

I hate to keep nagging but I want to be sure.

sent from my phone

Haha

Is that over stock muffler or straight pipe?

I hate to keep nagging but I want to be sure.

sent from my phone

This product was never intended for stock exhaust, they don't drone ...

The baseline for all claims we make is a straight piped kit comparison, virtually every straight piped kit on the market has drone to some level. Some kits are worse than others due to the quality of design and material used.

No EGT gain over straight pipe to be specific to your question....

Keep in mind when confirming that to take all factors into consideration including AIT and humidity if someone wants to nit pic over 25-50 degree F EGT

Good point, gotta ask though as some companies are shady these days.

You've got me sold. Can I order them through you here or best do get one from the site?

EDIT: should it be installed as close to the dp as possible?

sent from my phone

Last edited:
I wish I had my data logger hooked up before I put it on, Wally, I could have produced some before and after numbers to hush the nay-sayers. I'll hopefully have it installed in a few weeks but a tad too late. :(

I wish I had my data logger hooked up before I put it on, Wally, I could have produced some before and after numbers to hush the nay-sayers. I'll hopefully have it installed in a few weeks but a tad too late. :(

Want to rent it out for a week? Aero vs. FTE on different amounts of fuel and air. :pop:

Back