Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Once people start having issues, they rag the engines out. We had a driver instructed to drive an engine 200 miles with the overhead stuck through the valve cover one time. It hammered what was left of the stud fragments into the bolt holes to the point the head was exchanged. They were hoping it would lose oil pressure and have a total catastrophic failure.

That company filed bankruptcy because they couldn't keep the trucks on the road. Driver training and an attitude adjustment would have them still in business.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Why I dislike truckdrivers.
a270f68f61cf4a17b1a719557ccc0596.jpg

Good lord... driver or owner?

Driver. Owner deals with the stupidity because it's hard to find someone that will show up to work.

Here's another "was driving along 50/55 mph minding my own business" BUT he said he found parts laying under his truck. Must have stopped fast to blow it apart at highway speed and stop over top of the parts. This is the 5th transmission he's destroyed and 3rd rear.

6e881e3ca30eb4bc0f203555385ee5e1.jpg
1fc7e3a4a3c99de5b0f5278ca213ba73.jpg

Just dealt with a guy yesterday that ordered a turbo. Said he put the reman on and he couldnt build boost and now it is locked up. I asked him why he replaced his original.

"It locked up from getting too hot"

SMH.

"Turbos need oil. You have an issue."

"I blew air through my feed line and it was fine"

Cannot wait to get this jewel back and see his fine work. Last time this happened the guy replaced the feed line and used a screwdriver to free the turbo up. The compressor wheel loved that.

Its amazing I don't drink during the day....much.

Last edited:
Step 1 lose a fork lift
14937364_10209964655606558_2582148471233396171_n.jpg

Step 2 take out a semi
14962678_10209964656766587_219335520180793306_n.jpg

Step 3 **** up 8 miles of traffic leaving Columbus Ohio heading west

14632850_10209964433561007_9003733565596550740_n.jpg

No news of driver survived

Everything is being diverted to 270 out of Columbus and what traffic was caught between 270 and Hillard Rome Rd is diverted to surface streets most likely south to us40

Just dealt with a guy yesterday that ordered a turbo. Said he put the reman on and he couldnt build boost and now it is locked up. I asked him why he replaced his original.

"It locked up from getting too hot"

SMH.

"Turbos need oil. You have an issue."

"I blew air through my feed line and it was fine"

Cannot wait to get this jewel back and see his fine work. Last time this happened the guy replaced the feed line and used a screwdriver to free the turbo up. The compressor wheel loved that.

Its amazing I don't drink during the day....much.

I had a guy buy an S360 I had sitting here, brand new in the box, to put on an 8.3L with a 5.9 injection pump, turned up some....I told them, this isn't wastegated, so you'll need to watch it.

They install, and call me 2 days later...turbo has a broken shaft, we want warranty...I told them I'd talk to borg warner, and let them know. They stopped payment on their credit card, now I'm out a turbo that did not have a warrantyable failure due to truck drivers. $850 down the drain.

Chris

I had a guy buy an S360 I had sitting here, brand new in the box, to put on an 8.3L with a 5.9 injection pump, turned up some....I told them, this isn't wastegated, so you'll need to watch it.

They install, and call me 2 days later...turbo has a broken shaft, we want warranty...I told them I'd talk to borg warner, and let them know. They stopped payment on their credit card, now I'm out a turbo that did not have a warrantyable failure due to truck drivers. $850 down the drain.

Chris
Well that sucks, buy good info for me to know

Chris

Thats a bummer. The turbo business is the most bittersweet thing I have ever done. Most days I love life but some customers can sure spoil a whole week for me.

The wastegated 62mm borg made for a replacement on the DT466 is a pretty darn good unit on the 8.3 . Just an FYI for you 8.3 guys. :Cheer:

I have no administrative aspirations because of those kinds of situations. I'm not willing to choke on it to maintain positive word of mouth.

We had a guy come in asking about a re-rate. The truck was down on power. He leaves, comes back later asking about an overhead adjustment. I start the overhead and the wiring harnesses are crumbling in my hands. I verbally indicate about $1200 for the harnesses and overhead. Guy throws a fit, won't let us test drive the truck, insists I quoted him 800 out the door. He pays the bill, grumbling something about the price and taking his business elsewhere. He leaves, drives 30 miles, calls and says it won't even pull his log trailer.

Sometimes you are damned before you even get them in the door

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

The wastegated 62mm borg made for a replacement on the DT466 is a pretty darn good unit on the 8.3 . Just an FYI for you 8.3 guys. :Cheer:

Would it be able to live at 4-450hp? Been thinking.. something similar to the 4088 I got on my LMM would work nicely with extra 100ci..
362/68 or with a larger 74 turbine wheel

Back