Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Correct, I have a 2250 that's 700+ with a 717102 Borg and it runs good. But with 1/2 the oil pressure of anyone else it's not surprising they come apart. And they are prone to cracked pistons with any real timing and fuel.

I wouldn't call it stupid to tune a 12L to 600hp. We've done a bunch of MX's, C13's and they run great. Cat has 700hp factory flash files for the C12. Truckdrivers can destroy stuff with a 290hp Cummins while there are plenty of 1000hp 15L trucks running around with zero issues. If a guy comes to me and says "make it run" it's not my job to babysit them. I just load the gun and cock the hammer. If you pull the trigger it's your problem.

Oh yeah, we've had guys break input shafts with 475 1650 tq. But somehow guys like our Canadian friend Tyson and his 1800hp mechanical Mack don't break anything except a driveshaft at the starting line once in a while.

So, can anybody give me through quick run down refresher on giving a big cam a few more ponies? Ran good when we got it, got some bad fuel and a shop put a new pump and injectors in it. Runs good again, just needs a little more go.

Thats sic. Looks like it cod use some more air. Whats done to it?

So 1200hp billowing so much smoke it would never be useable is impressive now? I'm much more impressed by people that get close or over that number with minimal smoke.

So, can anybody give me through quick run down refresher on giving a big cam a few more ponies? Ran good when we got it, got some bad fuel and a shop put a new pump and injectors in it. Runs good again, just needs a little more go.

Does it actually need more power or is it sluggish down low and take a while to light?

So 1200hp billowing so much smoke it would never be useable is impressive now? I'm much more impressed by people that get close or over that number with minimal smoke.

Let me predict his future..... lol
6e0ad8300abc53c9d2e1f8ef893e178f.jpg

Does it actually need more power or is it sluggish down low and take a while to light?

Well, I guess I'd have to pay more attention. I don't drive it much, usually in the semi. Just seems under powered to me. No boost gauge. But you really have to lug it to get it over 750 on the pyro. Your thinking timing issue?

Well, I guess I'd have to pay more attention. I don't drive it much, usually in the semi. Just seems under powered to me. No boost gauge. But you really have to lug it to get it over 750 on the pyro. Your thinking timing issue?

No, just usually pumps are set conservitivly with the AFC when the are built unless you say other wise, doesn't sound like that is the issue, a simple button change would be easiest but can't make a suggestion until I know what is in it.

Lol, these aren't working trucks. These are toys. Just like guys with 1500hp pickups. "I'd like to see Seth Sullivan take that 13mm pumped pickup pull a 40ft gooseneck" yeah not gonna happen obviously. These guys have 6-800hp cats that do the work everyday. That truck has an 88mm ball bearing Garrett. When you are limited by turbo size for classes you try to make all the hp you can on said turbo. Just like 3.0 and 3.6 pulling trucks are far from clean

No, just usually pumps are set conservitivly with the AFC when the are built unless you say other wise, doesn't sound like that is the issue, a simple button change would be easiest but can't make a suggestion until I know what is in it.

So what is your suggestion for it? Or what do I need to look at to tell you what you need to know? Might also throw in this thing has basically no smoke, not that that's what I'm after, just never had a big cam run this clean. Which is why I figured it could use some more fuel.

Our white W9 won the big iron classic and chrome shop mafia guilty by association Joplin Missouri against trucks with supposed 1600hp. Put 40 ft on second place PDI compounded truck

Last edited:
This truck is limited to an 80mm single turbo in the b class in Canada. It will still spin the drives with 46k on them! I used to think drivers were correct saying how easy it is to sling the drive line with 500hp. Now I realize these trucks can take a severe beating with nothing custom in the drive line besides hand cut gears in the trans for speed shifting. Definitely ways to make cleaner hp but these trucks do just fine at the rodeo du camion and other races in the series

Last edited:
Our white W9 won the big iron classic and chrome shop mafia guilty by association Joplin Missouri against trucks with supposed 1600hp. Put 40 ft on second place PDI compounded truck

I'd expect a 100mm turbo truck to do that, might want to come play with some equal turbo trucks before you start bragging it up about beating trucks with an atmosphere turbo that is only 86mm.

So what is your suggestion for it? Or what do I need to look at to tell you what you need to know? Might also throw in this thing has basically no smoke, not that that's what I'm after, just never had a big cam run this clean. Which is why I figured it could use some more fuel.

Need to find out what button it in it, you could call whoever built it and ask them or you need to pull it out and have a look at it.

I'd expect a 100mm turbo truck to do that, might want to come play with some equal turbo trucks before you start bragging it up about beating trucks with an atmosphere turbo that is only 86mm.

The white kenworth doesn't have a 100mm turbo on it. It had an 83mm on it, thanks for playing though. Truck has a bone stock kenworth 8 bag suspension also. The truck drove the 1300 mile one way trip with a trailer and drove home also.

Last edited:
The white kenworth doesn't have a 100mm turbo on it. It had an 83mm on it, thanks for playing though. Truck has a bone stock kenworth 8 bag suspension also.

Cool story, get your facts straight with the guy from Colorado bragging about the same truck on FB and saying it has a 100mm turbo on it.

Back