2010 NHRDA Rules Announcment

NHRDA

2010 NHRDA Rules Announcement

RulesAnnounc-1b.jpg

RulesAnnounc-2c.jpg

Last edited:
Ken, So you will be racing in Pro Street? Because you can't race Super Street anymore:poke:

IMG_7029.jpg

We were planning to move up to Prostreet anyway, the new rules wouldn't be difficult for us to comply with, still have the stock fuel tank and there is room for the battery under the hood. We'll see, might run both again this coming year, all depends on what other trucks are there, no fun if there isn't any competition. My White out truck is definitely a super street truck.

I think there awesome. Let's not forget its hard to please everyone. People wanted superstreet to be more for true street trucks and I think they've done a good job doing so. Slicks for 2wd is a bit odd

Well,

I will not put my fuel tank back in. Needs to run with atleast 3/4 tank (210 lbs) so it doesn't suck air at the launch. I'm already fighting weight/power/breakage as it is. And if you are going to get technical about DOT fuel tank laws, the addition of a sump to an OEM tank is illegal also.

I know its impossible to please everyone and I am just voicing my opinion.

It's unfortunate for me, but if those are the rules, I will have to run in Pro Street at any NHRDA events I attend. So be it and I will have fun. It looks though like my focus next year will be more on running in my local track's racing series in Super Street (10.90 Index).

I also think the whole thing about eliminating a saftey feature (fuel Cell) to be a bit odd you already give us MIN weight to meet

Just my two cents

I think there awesome. Let's not forget its hard to please everyone. People wanted superstreet to be more for true street trucks and I think they've done a good job doing so. Slicks for 2wd is a bit odd

So Shawn does this mean you are going to attend more races, giving out free lessons to those less fortunate drivers?!!!

i have a question based on my build plans.i see the duraflite is not allowed in super street i assume because it is not an oem to a dmax,however the tranny is oem to dodge so will it be legal in a ctd?just wondering i had planned on running either the flite or ats's version but i can see were the programable shift points may be an issue...

Well,

I will not put my fuel tank back in. Needs to run with atleast 3/4 tank (210 lbs) so it doesn't suck air at the launch. I'm already fighting weight/power/breakage as it is. And if you are going to get technical about DOT fuel tank laws, the addition of a sump to an OEM tank is illegal also.

I know its impossible to please everyone and I am just voicing my opinion.

It's unfortunate for me, but if those are the rules, I will have to run in Pro Street at any NHRDA events I attend. So be it and I will have fun. It looks though like my focus next year will be more on running in my local track's racing series in Super Street (10.90 Index).

Appears to me it has to be in the stock position, can't be a fuel cell but doesn't say it has to be an OEM tank either. If taken literally as you are, a over sized fuel tank such as a Transfer Flow or a Titan wouldn't be legal either. A smaller tank not a fuel cell in the OEM position should meet the regs the way I read it.

i have a question based on my build plans.i see the duraflite is not allowed in super street i assume because it is not an oem to a dmax,however the tranny is oem to dodge so will it be legal in a ctd?just wondering i had planned on running either the flite or ats's version but i can see were the programable shift points may be an issue...

The rules say clutchflite, you can not have a clutch in lieu of a torque converter.

Appears to me it has to be in the stock position, can't be a fuel cell but doesn't say it has to be an OEM tank either. If taken literally as you are, a over sized fuel tank such as a Transfer Flow or a Titan wouldn't be legal either. A smaller tank not a fuel cell in the OEM position should meet the regs the way I read it.

I understand the "theory" behind the new rules. It is after all a "street legal" class. DOT regulations are pretty clear...hood stacks and non DOT approved fuel "tanks" are essentially illegal for street use. Although I am kind of miffed at the battery rule and the slicks for 2wd's :confused:

Regardless, I fought a fuel starvation problem at the launch for a year. I had basically 2 options, a sump in the OEM tank or a fuel cell. Either option is not DOT approved or "legal" for the street. Being that my truck has basically become a drag race toy and sees very little street time, I chose the Fuel cell for weight savings and location and will take my chances on a ticket.

I will still show up at NHRDA races and race in whatever class I get put in, but I can also race my truck the way it is every other weekend in a NHRA based Super Street 10.90.:Cheer:

I think the battery rule is bogus. It is not against any law nor is it not dot aproved to run your battery in the rear bed or trunk as long as it is vented properly and secured properly. The 2wd slicks should have to be DOT aproved also.

Joe

Back