Young gun's 94 build thread

There are plenty of people out there running near stock parts, and keeping 13mm pumps alive. I'm one. Stock 160 pump DV holders, single inlet. That's not the reason it stuck.

There are plenty of people out there running near stock parts, and keeping 13mm pumps alive. I'm one. Stock 160 pump DV holders, single inlet. That's not the reason it stuck.

Just relaying what I was told by a top pump builder and trying to help. Good luck with it.

What delivery valve holders are you running. Years back I bought a 13mm pump of here that hung the rack after a few runs, had it repaired and did it again. After that I sent it to northeast diesel and was told the stock holders were one of the main reasons for the problem, to much of a restriction.

They are stock

Might want to look into duel feeding the pump through the two side ports. In regards to safety, I'd do a cheap air-shut off and also put a fuel dump on it. 13mm's are finicky creatures.

What about the front port? The side port would require me to do something different with the throttle linkage, which I don't really want to mess with. I agree on the air shutoff for sure... I had my girlfriend and my dad with me when it hung, it scared them pretty good.

What is the purpose Of the washers? I have only ever found the washers one time and I left them in.

sealing the bottom of the DV I guess, 131's dont need them, least that's what I've been told for years.

Agreed, my pump also is a fairly tame 13mm, barrels aren't racked since I opted for a balance between smooth idle and smooth top end performance. (according to this shop when you rack the barrels it is harder to get the idle balanced perfect)

I put the fitting in the front of mine with the intent of reversing the flow path and using the - 6 port at the linkage as the return. I haven't done all that yet.

That's why I have only noticed them once. The pump I saw with then was a 160. I have always messed with 215s

Front port can lead to cavitation of the fuel, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 1.29.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 1.29.26 PM.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
So using the front to feed is bad or to return? Also what kind of regulator are you using?

That is a feed port. Return is in the stock location. I am using a waterman with 2 different psi jet cans. One jet can at the waterman itself and one jet can coming out of the return line coming out of the injection pump.

Well bad news. Looks like this time it stuck the #3 plunger due to fuel contamination. I'm at a loss of where it all came from. Brand new 2 micron filter on the air dog, new water separator, and good fuel in the tank. The contaminants were black and all of the plungers had signs of wear. I guess I get to replace all my lines from the air dog now, it's making me paranoid since my dads newly rebuilt 180 pump is on the truck currently and I sure hope I'm not killing his pump as well....

got the truck on the rollers today and my best fuel only number was 748/1285 and my best nitrous assisted run was 872/1470. Videos to come, the are on the girlfriends phone/ camera

Back