2nd Annual NHRDA World Finals, Topeka Kansas Sept. 10th, 2011

Its my understanding it is invitation only. You may not have to be in the top 16 of points if they back out of the event but you did have to compete in a event that season.

There will probably be a gambler race that's open to anyone. Last year the guy who won it took home a grand if I remember correctly

I understand needing points for the finals but it would definitely build the attendance if it incorporated an "open" field somehow. Given the cost of fuel and the fact that many people are strapped for cash there are a lot of good trucks that would not have earned points to qualify.

last year there was a gamblers race for everyone, there was a payout for that class, i'm sure it'll be the same this year, but it would be nice if we all try and attend even one nhrda event to try and qualify, we all need to support the sport if its goin to grow

We have been contacted from both MAV Television and Versus Television on having National coverage for World Finals. We are reviewing both offers and should know who will we be going with to cover the World Finals soon.

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!

Some mainstream national coverage could help attract some more mainstream sponsors.

Great news guys good job!

2011 NHRDA World Finals invitations -

2010 Champions
All 2010 Divisional & World Champions will automatically be sent invitations as they have earned the right to compete at the 2011 World Finals.

2011 Divisional points leaders
We will be sending out 1st set of invitations for the World Finals to the top 16 competitors in each class in each division this week for those divisions that are completed and as we continue to complete events and lists are updated we will send new invites out weekly.

(Please note that if you receive invite you must fill out both NHRDA pre regristration form and complete the pay-pal transaction to secure your spot in the World Finals)

If you can not attend the World Finals we ask that you click on the decline link and send short email stating you will not be attending and that we can give your spot to another competitor.

NHRDA Awards Banquet
We also have pre registrations for the 2011 Awards Banquet. The ballroom holds 200 people so make sure to get your ticktets in advance as it is a 1st come basis. http://www.nhrda.com/2011_Banquet/Register.htm

For complete info on the World Finals -
Go to http://www.nhrda.com/2011_World-Finals.htm

2011-WF-Lrg.gif

My question is are we going to Have problems if we are invited to both sportsman and super diesel? They are back to back and besides killing someone trying to get back in line again. Are you guys going to give us at least a couple of minute to get back! We have earned this and are spending our money to get there and race. At least give us time to get back in line without DQ'ing us!

last year they did, at the last event we had last weekend in calgary there were a couple guys double classing it, and they were great about it

My question is are we going to Have problems if we are invited to both sportsman and super diesel? They are back to back and besides killing someone trying to get back in line again. Are you guys going to give us at least a couple of minute to get back! We have earned this and are spending our money to get there and race. At least give us time to get back in line without DQ'ing us!

What about being invited for 4 classes, I'm thinking how bad I want Randy to hate me...:evil

Seriously, I may run only 2 staggered classes with a different truck for each class and have a helper in the staging lanes.

This return road is very long and we really can't expect NHRDA to hold up a world event every pass down the track. One of the biggest black spots against racing is down time.

I haven't run in brackets yet to qualifiy, but may in Edmonton just for giggles.

Last edited:
last year they did, at the last event we had last weekend in calgary there were a couple guys double classing it, and they were great about it

What about being invited for 4 classes, I'm thinking how bad I want Randy to hate me...:evil

I wanted to put it out there because it wasnt the case at another NHRDA event. So as long as the word is out and they allow us to compete in multiple classes thats good.

Over all the years, NHRDA has been very good about this, but always warn us that it's up to us to get back in time. They help, but won't allow cool down etc. so I'm not expecting them to hold up the show on my part.

I completely understand. But there was no cool down. Went straight from end of track to staging lanes and I was to late. There was only five truck left in each race. And I was the last one in brackets to run. It would just suck to make it sofar into the class to be DQ by not getting back to the staging lanes fast enough. In the world finals....

Seriously, I may run only 2 staggered classes with a different truck for each class and have a helper in the staging lanes.

This return road is very long and we really can't expect NHRDA to hold up a world event every pass down the track. One of the biggest black spots against racing is down time.

I haven't run in brackets yet to qualifiy, but may in Edmonton just for giggles.

Well, giggle, giggle, giggle.... I don't think you can accumulate enough points to be in the top 16 in Division 6!!!! Laugh about that sports fans............

I laugh everytime I see you red light or beat your self on the top end. Man, I've been laughing a ton this year...I think the only win you have is from a coin toss isn't it?

Back