Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Everyone knows you can’t make any power with more than one turbo.
1fd1bdb81a5a241ddd66c9362c69dc50.jpg
Seems like those dont. Or maybe, but they are stll laggy. There were 4 compound turbos in our drag race, they started to make full power maybe 100 meters before finish line.

This one surprised us when we checked timeslips afterwards, same trapspeed than the one I posted earlier, or actually a little bit more. So over 1000 hp but this one is stock everything except software and cat/dpf bypass pipe. Euro 6, Scania/Cummins XPI fuel system, VGT Holset, largest one there is, I think 74/80 with 40 housing. It had automated gearbox so time was not as good as those with manual gearbox.
STC Kauhava 2018 pt.3 - YouTube

This one surprised us when we checked timeslips afterwards, same trapspeed than the one I posted earlier, or actually a little bit more. So over 1000 hp but this one is stock everything except software and cat/dpf bypass pipe. Euro 6, Scania/Cummins XPI fuel system, VGT Holset, largest one there is, I think 74/80 with 40 housing. It had automated gearbox so time was not as good as those with manual gearbox.
STC Kauhava 2018 pt.3 - YouTube
Or is it that your modified truck is that weak? And the difference in pulling setups and racing has been covered before, racing would use a smaller setup to aid in spool up, also why sled pullers still make more power than racers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Or is it that your modified truck is that weak? And the difference in pulling setups and racing has been covered before, racing would use a smaller setup to aid in spool up, also why sled pullers still make more power than racers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
No, new technology is just so much greater than old unit pumps.

Yes its true, sled pullers and US dynoday queens dont need real usable power.

There were different sized setups, all the same, like those factory compounds from Cat and Volvo, slow and lazy.

If a compound turbo arrangement is slow and lazy, and idiot speced the turbos, another idiot probably tuned it, and most likely there is an idiot driving it.
A factory Cat compound arrangement isn’t lazy, especially with some fuel added to it.

If a compound turbo arrangement is slow and lazy, and idiot speced the turbos, another idiot probably tuned it, and most likely there is an idiot driving it.
A factory Cat compound arrangement isn’t lazy, especially with some fuel added to it.

Maybe you dont know what is not lazy ?

Do any of you have experience with heavy Allison software configuration?
I have one that shifts up too soon in a service truck.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Do any of you have experience with heavy Allison software configuration?
I have one that shifts up too soon in a service truck.

What year? Some of the older ones can be changed without reflashing. Change from economy to performance makes a huge difference. Newer ones need a new flash.

Brand new. I'm locked out because I don't have dealer level DOC, but I have a friend at Rush PB. He just wasn't familiar with what to go after.

You are absolutely right about the huge difference. I ran a 4900SB dump back from Nashville and it's pulling a sub 10 second 0-60. X15 & 3K series trans.

The problem truck (ISL 4700) is aggressive on 1-2 & lockup and then stacks everything past lockup to the point you have no torque curve left, which sucks to drive.

Last edited:
Isnt there present files like soft/aggressive or am I thinking of the auto****s?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The some of the older Allison’s had them you just needed DOC and you could select the shift schedule you wanted (economy, performance, vocational etc) but the newer ones need a totally different flash. I’ve got the flash files but never tried one.

But like he said just like the Ultrashift junk economy is horrible to drive. Shifts too soon on a pull and falls on its face. But some don’t do well with the 2100rpm performance setting either they hang at high RPM, have to go to 1800rpm performance.

IMO if you buy an autoshift truck you deserve what you get. Only one guy here gets a pass because he was born without his right arm. And he didn’t want one, was forced on him by feds. Drove a manual for years with no issue but the highway patrol always gave him crap.

If you want an auto get an Allison.

I see this threads still as entertaining as ever. I finally got my cat all put back together and have around 5k miles on it so far. Damn good to be back on the road after being home for 6 weeks.

Oh and lef you can keep your gay euro trucks over there. Only good thing about a volvo is if I ever turned into a deuche bag I could sell my 18 year old Pete and get 3 newer low mileage volvos. Our old American iron is worth rebuilding your trucks are throw aways.

Back