Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Gee. Thanks. Ill rephrase it. Has anyone used both and noticed a difference

Never paid attention, just put them in a go. Although the I hate the new pressure plate design with the anvil plate attached to it. They can suck a big one. Looks to me the new style just added another failure point like the stupid springs. Rarely do clutches wear out, it’s almost always a broken spring.

Anyone want to try and paint picture of what happend here?

Ill tell ya this...dig deep in your imagination.

2b384b97b437988089baf99aba66f49e.jpg
5b6655c7a38b0b79f0e9bf708c7a2b8e.jpg
07680ac113de654579b41a6887b8d1e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

looks like it slid off the driveway into some trees. Not sure how tho. Man thats cool they have working old iron like that!

Well sort of. Rewind to sunday night. I was over hunting my buddies dads farm. Got done and was leaving, got down driveway and he was down there unloading the international off a low boy. It wouldn't run, we tinkered with it and changed fuel filter and got it running. Well he told me we had to be careful because it had no breaks, and we just needed to get it off the road. ok, easy enough.

Well I guess yesterday afternoon he went to move it up the hill to his shop to mess with it some. Due to how it was placed at bottom of the hill, he had to back it up driveway. He made it about 50 yds off the road and reverse gear gave up the ghost. Truck immediately went back down the driveway towards the road. He tried to put it in a bank but 36klbs had other intentions, thus the cherry tree stuck in bead. He went all the way acorss the road into neighbors driveway, across a sketchy a$$ bridge and about 40 yds up the neighbors driveway before it didn't make the turn and went off the road there. Had to jack front end up twice to turn wheels, using a whole handful of chains, and that old Hendrickson to winch back on road. Finally we got it back on the driveway half way straight with no breaks and no reverse gear. Got it lined up and let it fly coming back across bridge, praying the bridge had one more time in it. But we got it. There was some butt puckering on all fronts that's for sure.

My buddies dad has a pile of these old wreckers. He owns a tow company, and collects old wreckers. You name it, he probably has it.

That red henrickson they drove back from Minnesota 2 years ago. Only had one tire blow out on ride home. Its a neat old truck, and good bit of fun to drive. My favorite is, I believe a 66 autocar. I have posted pics of it before I think. Natural cummins. Need a 40 acre field to turn it around, but man its neat. And still works. He doesn't use any of them for recovery these days really, but we end up using them or odds and ends around the farms.

Last edited:
Looking at a truck with an MBN in it.
Originally 500hp, currently has a 7CZ file in it, upgraded charge air cooler, Pittsburgh Power manifold, and a Borg Warner S430SX.
Current owner has owned it for 700,000 miles. Seems to be very well taken care of.
What are the thoughts on the MBN, and anything in particular I should look out for?

Looking at a truck with an MBN in it.
Originally 500hp, currently has a 7CZ file in it, upgraded charge air cooler, Pittsburgh Power manifold, and a Borg Warner S430SX.
Current owner has owned it for 700,000 miles. Seems to be very well taken care of.
What are the thoughts on the MBN, and anything in particular I should look out for?

Other than cam/injectors/turbo and ecm flash its a 6NZ. He’s already taken care of most of it.

700k wouldn't scare me one bit. Put the 800 marine cam in it with what's currently done and it'll be all kinds of fun to drive.

See this is the quality you can only get with a good European Volvo revolutionary steel cab. My crappy aluminum cab will never get to look quite this good.
6da28fac6e69c373ff262b4ffc3f682c.jpg

See this is the quality you can only get with a good European Volvo revolutionary steel cab. My crappy aluminum cab will never get to look quite this good.

Man and here I was getting upset that the newest truck in our fleet is starting to rust away with all its International quality. I guess I am just one of the lucky ones!

6da28fac6e69c373ff262b4ffc3f682c.jpg

Ya but the more it rusts away the more you can haul... It's like my 76 Chevy plow truck, every time you slam the door it's a pound lighter.

What would be next, cam?
How far can you push one before needing to o-ring the head and lower the compression?

Dont think you need to lower the compression, thought they were the same as the 6nz but I could be wrong. Was the block counter bored when they overhauled it?

Might be worth finding out. Mine was done at 1.3 and head gasket only went 100k. When I opened it up liners were pretty low so put the thinner spacer plate in to get by. Just rebuilt it (twice) this summer and cut the bores and shimmed it so it could go back together right. A lot better piece of mind knowing it's right vs a bandaid like the thinner plate. A lot of people over look the liner protrusion and just drop the liners in and torque the head down without ever measuring.

Back