11-blade billet wheels?

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
So, these GTX wheels and their cousins finding their way into journal bearing s400s have been out for a while now. Is no one using them or are they not producing good results?

Thinking of using a 75 or 80mm version in a compound set but you don't hear much about them.

Home

For those that don't know what i'm talking about click the link above and look at the "HPX" turbo description.

I been wondering the same thing since i seen those.

Subbing also.

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Just got mine, it's a bad unit

Will be interesting to see how much faster you go with it vs. the previous 75mm batmo charger.

Anyone else out there tried one of these HPX chargers from Midwest/CRT besides the turbomogul guy in the thread I linked?

We have been building them for quite some time, and they work very well. We have them in several sizes. The wheels are much lighter then the standard BW wheels and aftermarket ones as well.

3 X 3 ET-R chargers??? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Could you provide weights of: 1) cast 75; 2) billet 6 blade 75; and 3) 11-blade billet 75? Also, do the same break down with the 80mm versions ( sub whatver 6 or 7 blade billet wheel is available for them as weight #2)? I suppose the lighter weight is a result of not having splitter blades?

Could you provide weights of: 1) cast 75; 2) billet 6 blade 75; and 3) 11-blade billet 75? Also, do the same break down with the 80mm versions ( sub whatver 6 or 7 blade billet wheel is available for them as weight #2)? I suppose the lighter weight is a result of not having splitter blades?

Cast 75 - 275 G
Billet 75 - 270 G
ETR 11 76- 268 G

The new LI 76 6 blade- 269

80mm cast - 331 G
80mm billet - 327 G

ETR 80- 290 G

Weight is from reduced hub, thinner blades

Now we are getting somewhere. It was stated by turbomogul that 100hp was the increased noted from the box unit to the 11-blade billet unit. Does anyone else have experience to support or refute this? Also, quicker spool was also stated to be available with the 11-blade unit.

Now we are getting somewhere. It was stated by turbomogul that 100hp was the increased noted from the box unit to the 11-blade billet unit. Does anyone else have experience to support or refute this? Also, quicker spool was also stated to be available with the 11-blade unit.

We see on average about 50-100hp depending on the housing options and the previous unit it was replacing. Keep in mind the ETR is a true 76mm and the BW wheels are 75mm.

Back